Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
    Uh oh, we have a tough guy here.

**** right off, slag.
    I'm nae the one whos crying their eyes out to strangers online about how their fav fighter is a wee b*tch too. Why dont you just scissor eachother ya pair o' dykes

Comment

• Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
      Show me a middleweight who can make 155.

I don't buy this "Canelo is bigger" argument. If Canelo is bigger, then GGG shouldn't have a problem making 155, since the bigger guy can make that weight.

Not defending the catchweight bull****. But, let Canelo come up to true 160 first, fight some middleweights, test the waters, then fight GGG.

GGG only calls out small dudes. 160 is weak, not impressed with his opposition at all. I'm okay with Canelo fight, but let him acclimate to division first, never even fought at 160 or fought a true middleweight, yet.

Hes been fighting at middleweight for years. Hes the middleweight lineal and WBC champion. Pretty sure that means hes a middleweight, phaggot

Comment

• Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
        Canelo is good cutting weight. He uses that to his advantage. However, he is only able to do this because of his age. He will soon find that cutting weight will be become more and more dofficult and have negative repercussions. I think the best thing to do for his own career is to move to 160, Nevermind trying to gain an advantage on golovkin.
        Correct about the weight cutting.

If Canelo can longer/doesnt want to make 154 but isnt ready to fight at 160 limit against Golovkin, then he should just vacate, fight a few 160lb-ers then come back for the title.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
          I don't know why people insist on the fight happening right away, ignoring the realities of boxing.

Canelo will fight have 2-3 fights vs legitimate 160lb-ers while paying GGG step aside money. He's fought at 155lb since Floyd yes, but he hasn't fought any legit middleweights. I don't expect him to jump right in vs a killer like GGG, and neither should anyone else.
          I agree that this would be the wise path - except he shouldnt pay "step aside" money.

He should just vacate the title.

Comment

• Originally posted by tokon View Post
            I agree that this would be the wise path - except he shouldnt pay "step aside" money.

whether Canelo vacates or not means squat to me. i don't think he will though. that's why I mentioned step aside money. WBC wants canelo at the moment and he wants them. remember, WBC is based in mexico city

Comment

• Originally posted by Basco View Post
              When was the last time he fought at 154? What is his weight at fight night? The answer to those questions are fact!
              His weight at fight time is irrelevant really.

It's what he weighs at weigh-in time that counts.

Canelo is a good weight cutter, that's all.

Could Golovkin make 155? We don't know. It seems that, right now, he doesn't want to try (yet was prepared to try to make 154 for Mayweather).

Canelo doesn't want to fight Golovkin, right now, at 160 limit.

If this stand-off remains unchanged then the fight won't happen for a while.

So what, move along, nothing to see . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                whether Canelo vacates or not means squat to me. i don't think he will though. that's why I mentioned step aside money. WBC wants canelo at the moment and he wants them. remember, WBC is based in mexico city
                Whether he vacates or not means nothing to me either.

However, I'd rather have that step aside money in the bank than pay it to a guy not to fight! Plus he'd save the sanctioning fees as well!!

Comment

• OP is a complete bafoon. 154 is the limit forJMW correct? Anything higher than 154 on the dot is effectively a MIDDLEWEIGHT.

What was Canelo for his past 4 fights?

Your. Brain. Must. Not. Compute. Basic. Data.

If. I. Weigh. 154.1, 154.5 155, 156.8, 157, 159.3, IT. DOESN'T. MATTER! As long as I am not 160.1 on the scales I am a middleweight. No way around that.

Does. Your. Brain. NOT. Compute. This. Simple. Fact !?

Comment

• Originally posted by tokon View Post

No he should not.
                    He paid the fee, he got the belt, he could have decided otherwise.

Besides, people here are exaggerating, GGG has shown some flaw, and Canelo is much better than anybody GGG has fought.
                    A 55-45 fight with Canelo being the underdog.

As for him not being a MW.

He never fought a MW, true, he fought welters and super welters, his oppenents were not MW, but HE was and still is.

Comment

• if you hold a middleweight belt and you plan to defend that middleweight belt, then you should allow your opponents to weigh in at middleweight.

this has nothing to do with A side or b side that cotto tried to ****sexually claim, or being a real middleweight or not that canelo tried to claim.

catchweights are fine today due to 24 hr rehydration IF ITS PITTING TWO FIGHTERS FROM DIFFERENT DIVISIONS not fighters who both hold a belt from the same division but somehow its ok because one guy who holds a belt at that division isnt "really" from that division.

GTFO.

Comment

Working...
                      X