Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: Brook Wanted 160, No Catch-Weight Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Jacobs or Saunders would have been better opponents for GGG, but why even fault Gennady for staying active, I think we should want that as fans, active champions. And I don't agree at all with what you suggest that he 'chases' smaller fighters, this simply isn't true IMO. They were just negotiating the Eubank fight which was a legit 160 clash if there ever was any. And Gennady has indeed expressed interest in fighting bigger guys in the past but perhaps that was just hot air in your book.
    He could've brought someone from LMW if its that bad. Lara was really up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      No. Ward never REALLY wanted to fight Golovkin, any more than Saunders, Jacobs and Eubank did.

He just brings up Golovkin's name all the time to get attention, but Ward really just wants to fight journeymen like Alexander Brand. Wait and see, he won't fight Kovalev.

Nah, that's bull****..... you just made all that stuff up

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
        GGG/Brook is definitely a mismatch, & a money grab. However, GGG cannot get Ward at any time considering Ward is contracted for 2 more fights under his HBO contract (Brand now, Kovalev next). There was no chance GGG would be able to get the Ward fight until 2017. Unfortunately, GGG is looking for a fight in September. That's the problem. Who is willing to face him now? Apparently, Brook has got some big balls there. And this goes without saying that many fans cannot produce a quality opponent for GGG to fight in September. If there was one, I'm sure K2 would have picked him. Once again, who is this quality opponent that would take the GGG fight in September? At this point, GGG & his team are more beggars then choosers.

Which is why knowledgeable boxing fan's are still scratching their heads trying to figure out why they passed on a Canelo fight?

Apparently they can beat Canelo at 155, but for some strange reason, they didn't want to?

Bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Which is why knowledgeable boxing fan's are still scratching their heads trying to figure out why they passed on a Canelo fight?

Apparently they can beat Canelo at 155, but for some strange reason, they didn't want to?

Bizarre.
          GGG & K2 did not pass on Canelo. Canelo passed on them. But I don't have to tell the hype man how to do his job. Keep the crowd riled up there. I'm sure all your dreams will come true.

Comment

That was the first thing I thought of

Comment

Bizarre.
              check at this interview, ggg being asked about fighting canelo at a weight different than 160, no he wants 155, and i stay at 160, this was yesterday....

2:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZl0R-q1XU4

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
                GGG & K2 did not pass on Canelo. Canelo passed on them. But I don't have to tell the hype man how to do his job. Keep the crowd riled up there. I'm sure all your dreams will come true.

Nah, you're full-of-****, as usual.....

Come To 155, We'll Fight!.....
                http://www.boxingscene.com/canelos-t...l-fight--98564

No Negotiating Weight With Canelo, 160 or Vacate.....
                http://www.boxingscene.com/team-golo...vacate--100824

Why argue with me over something that is on public record ?

Comment

link bookmarked.....

Originally posted by icha View Post
                  check at this interview, ggg being asked about fighting canelo at a weight different than 160, no he wants 155, and i stay at 160, this was yesterday....

2:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZl0R-q1XU4

Oh, JUNIABOY..... you may want to check out the link above, or not.....

Comment

Nah, you're full-of-****, as usual.....

Come To 155, We'll Fight!.....
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/canelos-t...l-fight--98564

No Negotiating Weight With Canelo, 160 or Vacate.....
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/team-golo...vacate--100824

Why argue with me over something that is on public record ?
                    Oh, like how DLH tweeted that they had a verbal agreement to have the fight in September 2017, then Loeffler came back & said there is no agreement?...makes DLH & anything coming out from GBP to be a lie. And logically speaking, why would DLH choose September 2017 for the biggest fight of that year?...why not choose the biggest fight weekend Cinco de Mayo to host that fight? It's a bit fishy for them to choose September...more so that Loeffler didn't agree to anything said by DLH on twitter. But I don't have to tell you that. You're the hype man! Keep that crowd riled up & I'm sure all your dreams will come true.

Comment

Originally posted by vwelsh View Post
                      We all know how confident Brook is. This is either a massive opportunity to prove to us just why he is so confident in his ability. However if GGG does not look dominant even in a win, he will look like a lesser boxer. As he should have all the advantages. I would prefer to see Brook be competitive and keep it close. GGG has yet to fight anyone with a proper skillset. He has no business being mentioned with an Andre Ward. GGG will not take any risk. But will gladly let others take risk to fight him. Savy for business but for legit boxing fans we should demand a bit more. "Fight someone your own size" sort of speak.
                      I really hate this fight and think it is a travesty. But what do you mean fight someone your own size? If you mean with regards to Brook then yes. If you mean in general then you need to realise Golovkin is a small middleweight (build wise) most of his opponents have been bigger than him. Hell Canelo is bigger than him. But regardless he has no business fighting a welterweight same as Canelo had no business fighting a Jr welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X