Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: Brook Wanted 160, No Catch-Weight Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brook is going to get seriously hurt. The ref will be watching him like a hawk. What is Brook possibly going to do against GGG? He doesn't have the legs and movement of a Lara to run and potshot all night. He doesn't the power of a David Lemieux to at least make GGG a little hesitant and honest.

I almost hope Brook is taking something special to give him an edge, because he'll seriously need it. The fact that this fight is in England is almost a disadvantage for Brook, because he'll want to impress the fans.

But whatever, its on free HBO... i'll tune in.

Comment

British fighters have balls. Khan and Brook just going up fighting bigger guys. Frampton this month goes up in weight to fight Santa Cruz.

Not asking for girly catch weights and trying their best to drain opponents.

That's why the UK has most world champions right now. Real men.

Comment

Kell Brook has courage.

Unlike Floyd "Queen of the Catchweights" Mayweather, who demanded a catch weight of 152 for Canelo Alvarez even though he'd fought at 154 previously.

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Glad to see fans noticing the duplication of the Canelo/Khan fiasco. As if there were NO top 15 MWs for GGG? I'm not gonna go research it, the hour is late, but can't help but think that scenario could've been arranged. Sorry, can't get too excited about this obvious freebie for GGG.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          It's not that alike Canelos was targeting Khan, this was Gggs fifth choice Khan has a glass chin, Brook doesn't
          Brook is the most lucrative fight available to Ggg by far
          Good money fight obviously, and I don't blame either for signing. But like I said elsewhere, plenty of MWs to choose from, and as for a chin, we don't yet know how Brook reacts to a solid GGG punch. But I would guess the same result from Khan reacting to a solid Canelo punch. IOW a KO or at least dropped hard. Again, here's some choices below. Tell me if you think there was no other choice but Brook, who is like Khan, 2 weight classes south...

GGG champ unless noted otherwise.

WBC:
          1. Jorge Sebastian Heiland
          2. Chris Eubank Jr.
          3. David Lemieux
          4. Ryota Murata
          5. Ievgen Khytrov
          6. Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam
          7. Avtandil Khurtsidze
          8. Curtis Stevens
          9. Andy Lee
          10. Peter Quillin
          11. Daniel Geale
          12. Hugo Centeno
          13. Dmitry Chudinov
          14. Dominic Wade
          15. Michel Soro

WBA
          Jacobs - reg
          1. Alfonso Blanco
          2. Chris Eubank Jr.
          3. Dmitry Chudinov
          4. Tureano Johnson
          5. Rob Brant
          6. Andrew Hernandez
          7. Peter Quillin
          8. Avtandil Khurtsidze
          9. Ryota Murata
          10. Adam Etches
          11. John Ryder
          12. Curtis Stevens
          13. Gary O’Sullivan
          14. Sergio Mora
          15. Ievgen Khytrov

IBF:
          1. Tureano Johnson
          2. NOT RATED
          3. Ryota Murata
          4. Sergiy Derevyanchenko
          5. Chris Eubank Jr
          6. Avtandil Kurtsidze
          7. David Lemieux
          8. Sam Soliman
          9. Curtis Stevens
          10. Adam Etches
          11. Ievgen Khytrov
          12. Arif Magomedov
          13. Maciej Sulecki
          14. Marcelo Coceres
          15. Dominic Wade

WBO (BJ Saunders champ)

1. Avtandil Khurtsidze
          2. Tommy Langford
          3. Ryota Murata
          4. David Lemieux
          5. Artur Akavov
          6. Max Bursak
          7. Andy Lee
          8. Hassam N’Dam N’Jikam
          9. Rob Brant
          10. Maciej Sulecki
          11. Chris Eubank Jr.
          12. Curtis Stevens
          13. Tureano Johnson
          14. Ievgen Khytrov
          15. Jan Meiser

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            Well how about giving some arguments rather than posting gifs like a 5 year old.

To be fair, I know that you are a REAL boxing fan, not just a Golovkin fan..... so maybe that was uncalled for..... problem is, I got nothing else right now.

Team Golovkin selected Brook after bashing Canelo for fighting Khan.

" Canelo is just a businessman ", and all that.

This is a much worse fight, and total hypocrisy from Golovkin and his fans.

But fair call, I suppose that wasn't very constructive...... the problem is, I don't feel like being very constructive right now.

Team Golovkin...... are totally full-of-it..... in EVERY department.

That was clearly obvious with the Ward debacle, it was just as obvious when they refused to negotiate with Canelo, and now this.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Kell Brook has courage.

Unlike Floyd
              "Queen of the Catchweights" Mayweather, who demanded a catch weight of 152 for Canelo Alvarez even though he'd fought at 154 previously.

Ad unlike Gennady..... who despite calling out Froch, Chavez, Hopkins, Chudinov, and Ramirez, at 168..... was completely unwilling to fight Andre Ward at 168?

Or..... is that somehow different ?

You guys really do make Golovkin look worse LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Ad unlike Gennady..... who despite calling out Froch, Chavez, Hopkins, Chudinov, and Ramirez, at 168..... was completely unwilling to fight Andre Ward at 168?

Or..... is that somehow different ?

You guys really do make Golovkin look worse LMAO
                No. Ward never REALLY wanted to fight Golovkin, any more than Saunders, Jacobs and Eubank did.

He just brings up Golovkin's name all the time to get attention, but Ward really just wants to fight journeymen like Alexander Brand. Wait and see, he won't fight Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  No. Ward never REALLY wanted to fight Golovkin, any more than Saunders, Jacobs and Eubank did.

He just brings up Golovkin's name all the time to get attention, but Ward really just wants to fight journeymen like Alexander Brand. Wait and see, he won't fight Kovalev.
                  Dude if you're gonna get paid the same to run in front of a cyclist or a FREIGHT train which one you picking ? You offer me money I can retire on I'll take the risk, you see wher this is going ?

GGG steered away from Ward just like Saunders, Jacob and Eubank did, Brook can't get an opponent he's about To retire on that British Ppv money for his last boxing performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                    If Triple Duck wanted Ward he cold have had that fight any time he wanted, instead were told of requests of impossible weight demands.

I can not understand how you can support this in any way. Creating one instance to therefore find it acceptable, Triple Duck could move up to 168 rather than pulling a bs Khanelo stroke move.

Brook will be being paid a career high purse, as A Mere Con was, this has nothing to do with testicles. Their are literally four men in boxing prepared to face anyone, Wlad, Fury, Ward and Kovalev. I rip Fury for being lame but he deserves credit for wanting to face the best, Triple Duck should take note of these guys instead of chasing guys who've never fought above 155 in their career.

Forget about Eubank, that fight was a secondary fight anyway, his promoters should have been putting up the money Cameltoč's team will be putting up for BJL Flounders in December.
                    GGG/Brook is definitely a mismatch, & a money grab. However, GGG cannot get Ward at any time considering Ward is contracted for 2 more fights under his HBO contract (Brand now, Kovalev next). There was no chance GGG would be able to get the Ward fight until 2017. Unfortunately, GGG is looking for a fight in September. That's the problem. Who is willing to face him now? Apparently, Brook has got some big balls there. And this goes without saying that many fans cannot produce a quality opponent for GGG to fight in September. If there was one, I'm sure K2 would have picked him. Once again, who is this quality opponent that would take the GGG fight in September? At this point, GGG & his team are more beggars then choosers.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      British fighters have balls. Khan and Brook just going up fighting bigger guys. Frampton this month goes up in weight to fight Santa Cruz.

Not asking for girly catch weights and trying their best to drain opponents.

That's why the UK has most world champions right now. Real men.

Give credit to Khan for starting this #daretobegreat movement.

Dickens-Rigondeaux
                      Frampton-Cruz
                      Brook-GGG

Comment

Working...
                      X