Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: Brook Wanted 160, No Catch-Weight Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brook was talking 157 for GGG not too long ago. He didn't ask for a lower weight because he knew he wouldn't get the fight lower than 160.
    Such a weird fight for GGG. He holds 3 MW titles and he has to go to Brook's country to fight a welterweight with one decent win on his resume.
    Seems GGG was so desperate for a name after fighting a guy with an ankle bracelet in his last fight he did what he had to do.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      It's not that alike

Canelos was targeting Khan, this was Gggs fifth choice
      Khan has a glass chin, Brook doesn't
      Brook is the most lucrative fight available to Ggg by far

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      Golovkin wanted to fight Canelo, Eubank, even Froch, Ward right.. I don't blame GGG at all, in any of this. I blame Eubank Sr. The fight was ready but they set up roadblocks. I believe Hearn. People can believe what they want and will have an opinion on everything. This is mine. I don't like this fight either, it stinks, you're right, but what should Golovkin do? It's just the way it's been all along, nobody wants to fight him. Brook does, so kudos to his big balls IMO and that's where it's at, really.

Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
      Everyone knows brook and ggg are only 1inch apart in height right? Brook always in tip top shape. I dont see a huge size advantage for ggg, like canelo had. Brook is soild

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        why fault Gennady for staying active.....

Comment

Damn man, Im a GGG fan but i aint on board for this.

I criticized Canelo for the Khan fight, and I'll do the same here.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Well how about giving some arguments rather than posting gifs like a 5 year old.

Comment

We all know how confident Brook is. This is either a massive opportunity to prove to us just why he is so confident in his ability. However if GGG does not look dominant even in a win, he will look like a lesser boxer. As he should have all the advantages. I would prefer to see Brook be competitive and keep it close. GGG has yet to fight anyone with a proper skillset. He has no business being mentioned with an Andre Ward. GGG will not take any risk. But will gladly let others take risk to fight him. Savy for business but for legit boxing fans we should demand a bit more. "Fight someone your own size" sort of speak.

Comment

This makes Canelo look more like a Coward for ducking Triple G and running back to 154 lol... Even Kell Brook has more heart than Canelo...

Comment

Originally posted by vwelsh View Post
                  We all know how confident Brook is. This is either a massive opportunity to prove to us just why he is so confident in his ability. However if GGG does not look dominant even in a win, he will look like a lesser boxer. As he should have all the advantages. I would prefer to see Brook be competitive and keep it close. GGG has yet to fight anyone with a proper skillset. He has no business being mentioned with an Andre Ward. GGG will not take any risk. But will gladly let others take risk to fight him. Savy for business but for legit boxing fans we should demand a bit more. "Fight someone your own size" sort of speak.
                  As soon you make hypocritical and inconsistent statements your arguments hold no weight because these are all matters of opinions.

Post your same message pointing this out about Canelo... link your post... right now...

Pacquiao moves up 9 divisions and gets hated on by losers like you complaining about catch weights for a few pounds and people act like Pac fighting Floyd or any of those guys were on equal terms... when he's been moving up in weight for years..

I don't complain about weight or take credit away from wins by making excuses but I point the hypocrisy in things like Floyd saying Pac's win against Cotto doesn't count because it was 145 and Cotto was still undefeated while Floyd fought Canelo at 152 - guess that didn't count either?

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                    Damn man, Im a GGG fan but i aint on board for this.

I criticized Canelo for the Khan fight, and I'll do the same here.
                    Did you criticize Floyd for the Marquez fight and not making weight too?

Please link post...

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                      Did you criticize Floyd for the Marquez fight and not making weight too?

Please link post...
                      What??? Ofcourse..

That one was the worse of the worse. Absolutely disgusting.

I dont know how you got the idea i was some sort of Flotard. Im glad hes out of the game. But he'll be back to my dismay.

Comment

Working...
                      X