No announcement yet.

Is this exercise ok?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this exercise ok?

If my goal is to lose some pounds and to have more defined muscles especially in the chest is this simple routine ok?

70 minutes jogging/running on a treadmill
    15 pushups
    15 wide pushups
    15 triangle pushups
    30 situps
    10 .... I dont know what you call this one but its an ab exercise where youre in a sitting position and you kick both of your feet at the same time.

There we go Im not aiming for a very muscular body, just enough to be fit and ready to go to swimming parties and go topless

Originally posted by andalusian81 View Post
    If my goal is to lose some pounds and to have more defined muscles especially in the chest is this simple routine ok?

70 minutes jogging/running on a treadmill
    15 pushups
    15 wide pushups
    15 triangle pushups
    30 situps
    10 .... I dont know what you call this one but its an ab exercise where youre in a sitting position and you kick both of your feet at the same time.

There we go Im not aiming for a very muscular body, just enough to be fit and ready to go to swimming parties and go topless
    i would do the push ups situps and stuff before the jog then make an attempt to do them again after.

Comment

70 minutes of running at 30 situps? You have to even those out

you might wanna lower the hour and ten minutes of running, maybe 30-40 minutes. Are you planning on running everyday?

And do 300 situps. 30 situps is nothing, at all. All the ohter excercises, do until you cant do no more. And dont repeat the same workout everyday, or workout the same muscles everyday

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
        70 minutes of running at 30 situps? You have to even those out

you might wanna lower the hour and ten minutes of running, maybe 30-40 minutes. Are you planning on running everyday?

And do 300 situps. 30 situps is nothing, at all. All the ohter excercises, do until you cant do no more. And dont repeat the same workout everyday, or workout the same muscles everyday
        and do more press ups, if you cant do no more press ups then do incline press ups.

Comment

I can tell you right now that you won't stick to that routine because it's not realistic..there's no way you will be running 70 minutes..first of all that's long and you will get bored secondly it's a bit too much esspecialy if you're a beginner.

If you set yourself unrealistic goals you will get bored and you will stop training.

You need to start with 30 minutes of running and do more body exercises..15 push ups won't do anything for you..start of with 50 of each exercise (in sets) then work your way up.

Comment

How tall are you and what do you weigh?

A lot of fat loss is down to your diet, so post up what you're eating.

I switch the bodyweight stuff for swimming, and I'd cut down the length of that jog.

Comment

Is 70 minutes really long? But ive been doing it for a week already,
              hey wait maybe you guys are thinking that Im jogging at a fast pace so ill just convert it to calories burned.
              In those 70 minutes I burn exactly 720-740 calories only

@ MR shen
              Yes I do that when my muscles are rested, its like my "hard" training although its not really hard

@shogunn
              Theres no way I can do 300! hahaha maybe 60 is my maximum but im not so focused on the abs but more on the chest.

@ sir auron
              I dont go to a gym I only do these stuff at home

@squirrel

im 5'4 140 pounds and im aiming to go down to 125. Is that ok?

Comment

3 sets of 15 pushups is a bit weak, you won't accomplish much with that.

Comment

you see when you do your sit ups are they just normal sit ups because thats why you may be struggling to do so many you are just working one bit

at the moment i do
                  20 crunches (with legs up)
                  40 toe touches
                  20 seated crunches
                  20 crossed leg seat raises
                  20 seated leg scissors
                  20 seated leg circles
                  20 stacked feet crunches

thats already 160 and i should really do more but i only started recently so im working my way up

also skipping is great do 3 mins then rest for a minute then do some more until you get tired

so you're 10st and trying to get down to just under 9st thats gonna be hard if you're not in ridiculous shape got to make sure you are eating right aswell

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn;8531782 [B
                    And dont repeat the same workout everyday, or workout the same muscles everyday[/B]
                    This is so fking important.

Comment

Working...
                    X