No announcement yet.

A New Ranking System for Boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Ranking System for Boxers

I think it's time to introduce a new rating system. The old systems were fine but largely irrelevant these days. I mean who cares about lineal belts or P4P anyway?

You'll notice there's some maths which I'm sure will give some of you problems and I don't claim credit for this system. It's more of an attempt to formalize the system we already have so without further ado our new system for ranking boxers;

boxers rank R = **ΣP+1)*(ΣS+1)*(ΣPu^2+1))/(L+1)*(1/ΣO)

To explain;

ΣP (or sigma P) is the sum of the buys for the last three PPVs the boxer in question headlined.

ΣS is the sum of the total Social media followers, Twitter, Facebook etc, that the boxer has.

ΣPu is the sum of the boxers career purses.

L is the total amount of losses.

ΣO is the sum of the rank of the opponents fought also calculated by this formula.

You'll noticed that there's a lot of plus ones in the formula. That's to prevent any zeroes from appearing in the formula. You don't want to be multiplying or dividing by zero afterall. You will also note that this formula does not take into account a boxers skill or talent. This is largely irrelevant.

Now, apart from settling a lot of arguments on this board I think this formula could be adopted by the boxing community at large for negotiating fights. I personally feel that we've got a huge problem with people expecting fighters to be given an even playing field or to be treated fairly when fights are made when they don't even have enough instagram followers and I think this will put an end to that.

For example, who determines the venue? Well you calculate who's boxing rank is the highest and whoever that is gets to decide. Also, any catchweights, boxing glove size, ring size, purse size and other payments, judges, timekeepers, referees, the drug testing regimen should all be decided by the boxer with the highest rank. Furthermore, should a lesser boxer refuse to fight a greater boxer due to disagreements with the conditions placed upon him to make the fight happen we should all denounce it as the duck that it so clearly is.

So what do you guys think? Do you think this is a good idea?

I think its a fantastic idea. Lets see some examples sir.

Comment

theories aint **** till applied.

lets see, apply it. to say last 5 years.

Comment

What do PPV sales, social media followers and purses have to do with how good a boxer is ?

May as well add in how many grills they've sold.

Comment

Originally posted by zerosixthree View Post
          I think it's time to introduce a new rating system. The old systems were fine but largely irrelevant these days. I mean who cares about lineal belts or P4P anyway?

You'll notice there's some maths which I'm sure will give some of you problems and I don't claim credit for this system. It's more of an attempt to formalize the system we already have so without further ado our new system for ranking boxers;

boxers rank R = **ΣP+1)*(ΣS+1)*(ΣPu^2+1))/(L+1)*(1/ΣO)

To explain;

ΣP (or sigma P) is the sum of the buys for the last three PPVs the boxer in question headlined.

ΣS is the sum of the total Social media followers, Twitter, Facebook etc, that the boxer has.

ΣPu is the sum of the boxers career purses.

L is the total amount of losses.

ΣO is the sum of the rank of the opponents fought also calculated by this formula.

You'll noticed that there's a lot of plus ones in the formula. That's to prevent any zeroes from appearing in the formula. You don't want to be multiplying or dividing by zero afterall. You will also note that this formula does not take into account a boxers skill or talent. This is largely irrelevant.

Now, apart from settling a lot of arguments on this board I think this formula could be adopted by the boxing community at large for negotiating fights. I personally feel that we've got a huge problem with people expecting fighters to be given an even playing field or to be treated fairly when fights are made when they don't even have enough instagram followers and I think this will put an end to that.

For example, who determines the venue? Well you calculate who's boxing rank is the highest and whoever that is gets to decide. Also, any catchweights, boxing glove size, ring size, purse size and other payments, judges, timekeepers, referees, the drug testing regimen should all be decided by the boxer with the highest rank. Furthermore, should a lesser boxer refuse to fight a greater boxer due to disagreements with the conditions placed upon him to make the fight happen we should all denounce it as the duck that it so clearly is.

So what do you guys think? Do you think this is a good idea?
          lol well played

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I think its a fantastic idea. Lets see some examples sir.
            Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
            theories aint **** till applied.

lets see, apply it. to say last 5 years.
            I ain't got time for that! I'm busy revolutionising boxing! Let someone else do the grunt work.

Originally posted by Eubankjr View Post
            What do PPV sales, social media followers and purses have to do with how good a boxer is ?

May as well add in how many grills they've sold.
            What has how good a boxer is got to do with anything? Also, when a boxer brings out a new grill the formula will be updated to accommodate it.

Comment

What are u rating then ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eubankjr View Post
                What are u rating then ?
                Boxers, man.

Comment

You took out the only important aspect in rating a boxer: namely, their skill set. And no two promoters or belt organizations will agree on this formula. Bottom line: you're applying objective criteria to a subjective topic, so this won't work out well.

Comment

Green K sent.

Comment

Working...
                    X