Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Baer Vs Primo Carnera 1934 Title Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gNRQW0fzwI

lol what a fight, made rocky 4 look like that was actual boxing

Are these guys on the undercard tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gNRQW0fzwI

lol what a fight, made rocky 4 look like that was actual boxing
      I was watching old fights on YouTube last night and couldn’t stop laughing. There was no count for knockdowns and as soon as the guy is on both feet the other fighter comes in and pummels him again I was like wtf!?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        I was watching old fights on YouTube last night and couldn’t stop laughing. There was no count for knockdowns and as soon as the guy is on both feet the other fighter comes in and pummels him again I was like wtf!?
        I always wondered about that... The only thing I can think of is that somehow there formed a bastardized concept of the seconds in a match. Originally a second was literally like a second fighter... someone there to make sure it was one on one and fair at all times, who would otherwise jump in.

Gradually the ref replaced most of the role of the seconds. Nobody ever addressed a situation where one guy needs the protection of the ref as a second in the ring... You know like when you had a fight after school, if one of you was hit and went down, your buddy would grab the other guy and say something like "wait, let him get up!" So without addressing the situation fighters naturally would take advantage of any break.. and we get that situation lol.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Are these guys on the undercard tonight?
          This fight and a few with Tony Galenta made Ali's fight with Inoc look good!

Comment

Funny, I was just watching Cinderalla Man earlier and obviously this fight was discussed during the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              This fight and a few with Tony Galenta made Ali's fight with Inoc look good!
              Nothing can make that Ali fight look good ,not even Tank Abbott vs Ferrozo . lol

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Nothing can make that Ali fight look good ,not even Tank Abbott vs Ferrozo . lol
                I actually remember that fight Im not touching that one

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  I actually remember that fight Im not touching that one
                  Are you aware they had a ACTUAL rematch in Ferrozos backyard a few years ago? It looked like 2 old fat dads at a BBQ rollling around in grass ......actually they were to fat to roll .

Tank just layed on top of him while Ferrozo was belly down the entire time ....it was on you tube i still think its on under . Tank Abbott vs Scott Ferrozo 2 . The 2 of them looked like they were going to have heart attacks .

Comment

Tank Abbott vs. John Matua and vs. Steve Nelmark were brutal knockouts.

Comment

Working...
                    X