Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    What? It was a great overhand right that landed perfectly. S.O.G. has been retired for a while now so why are you bringing him up?
    The same reason Kovalev brought his name up in every interview,
    he’s fughin obsessed with him
    Never got out of his head , can’t admit some of it was his fault ( not training , Trump bullchit and what not )
    Really obsessed , and as someone else mentioned his career will end bad

Comment

• Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
      Theres that one-two again . Alvarez throws out the decoy left, to get Kovalev focused on that. Then Alvarez throws the punch he's really launching the right, BAM !
      That's always a great combo...throw the jab soft to create distance, and then load up on your power hand. Alvarez's ability to jab with Kov set that up

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
        Never got out of his head , can’t admit some of it was his fault ( not training , Trump bullchit and what not )
        Dude considered giving Virgil Hunter a call to train him. And paraphrasing him said he needed a change to get on Ward’s level. Yeah, I’d say Kovalev is obsessed with Ward. But not nearly as obsessed as some of these clowns on here are about giving Ward ZERO credit for beating the guy.

Comment

• I doubt even Alvarez fans expected it. Sorry to see Sergey take an L this way. Looked like stamina played a bigger part than it should have. And BTW, no I don't think Ward 'ruined' him. He's had stamina issues before. Plus, Alvarez is probably a little better than many or most of us think.

So, now what? Who beats who now? Was Stevenson's recent weaker performance caused from his sickness? Or is he getting toward the short rows? Would Alvarez be able to stand up to him? Beterbiev? Bivol? Yarde? Jack? Because even though Alvarez exhibited some fairly slick boxing moves tonite, that chin won't hold up forever. And he was getting tagged a good bit.

IMO, Alvarez gives Stevenson all he can handle in a very close fight that could go either way. Beterbiev likely has too much for Alvarez and KOs him late. Jack/Alvarez is a 50/50 matchup. Bivol loses to Alvarez in a very close fight. Yarde is a tough call, I can't make a prediction.

And isn't it ironic that now Stevenson WILL likely fight Kovalev. Still great, however long it lasts... at or near a 50/50 fight.
          Last edited by PunchyPotorff; 08-05-2018, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            Boxing journalists keep on asking him about Ward and bringing him up. He doesn’t just bring him up from nowhere if not asked about him.

Comment

• As far as I'm concerned Ward's last 2 fights were bull**** and he lost, so there's no reason to compare him to Alvarez at this point in time.

Comment

• Lol duggum and mathed who had kovalov way up (because they are fanboys) but when kovalov gets kod mathen ran out of the thread hahahahahaha!!!!! I can go all night.

Comment

• Kovalev went from beating Ward in the first fight (so most people thought) to getting knocked out twice in 4 fights. What a fall from grace. The guy is so good from rounds 1-6, but his stamina is subpar. I wonder if the power he generates from his punches just drains his energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    Dude considered giving Virgil Hunter a call to train him. And paraphrasing him said he needed a change to get on Ward’s level. Yeah, I’d say Kovalev is obsessed with Ward. But not nearly as obsessed as some of these clowns on here are about giving Ward ZERO credit for beating the guy.
                    Yeah your right about that
                    Without doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Yvon Michel is a lying pos, who cares what he says?

Comment

Working...
                      X