Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMH.

The fight was competitive. Alaverz jab was like nothing like K ever experienced. He engaged and hit Alaverz with some good shots and turned the tide. Alvarez handled K’s power well and then turned up the heat. Once he did he took K out.

Here’s the truth;

Kovalev is a good fighter. You don’t beat him without being good yourself.

The K you saw today is basically the same fighter who fought Ward in the first fight. He just faced a better fighter who IMO would give him a nightmare always or maybe flat just beat him like today.

The fight I was hoping for after Ward-K was against Alaverz. I had no desire in seeing Ward-K 3. But I understand Alaverz was an unknown and that fight was unlikely. Unlike 168lbs I never felt Ward cleaned out the division (and I’m not talking about that putz Stevenson) once I saw Alvarez (and also Bivol) fight.

I have no qualms with anyone who says Ward was better than Kovalev but I don’t want to hear that Ward finished K and that somehow he was a diminished fighter vs. Alvarez. Alaverz win was more dominant from start to finish than either Ward performance vs K. No reason not to believe that the best guy in the division was really Alvarez.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      S.O.G. Aftermath....Lmmfao!
      What? It was a great overhand right that landed perfectly. S.O.G. has been retired for a while now so why are you bringing him up?

Comment

• Re

Theres that one-two again . Alvarez throws out the decoy left, to get Kovalev focused on that. Then Alvarez throws the punch he's really launching the right, BAM !

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Pathetic performance by Kovalev.
          It ain't his fault, S.O.G. put a hurtin on him...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
            Like Tyson ?
            Like Liston ?
            Like Foreman ?
            Liston had atg wins in patterson and was a ex worker for the mafia clown. The guy the mobsend out when they neeed a couple of thumbs missing bones broken. He was a true true bad person before boxing kovalov is a mermaid by comparison lolol. Foreman has wins over moore norton fraizer atg fights with young. Prime hollyfield. Foreman could take a shh*t in his glove and it still would have more talent then kovalov. Do not compare the 2. Tyson the same......lol @ kovalov doing the stanky leg mixed with drake keke dance. I voted kovalov for the best 8n my feelings challenge before getting knocked out........

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
              You didn’t beat me to it because I wasn’t gonna respond. But it’s pretty sad.
              People are giving Alvarez credit actually...they are saying this was a legit win. The people who hate on Kov are the main ones bringing up Ward.

Comment

• Kovalev got destroyed. Great fight by Alvarez. Bivol vs Alvarez next!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                  Dude this is the kind of **** I dislike from boxing fans. Alverez ruined Kovalev, dont try and take any shine off of what he just did.

Ill have to say I wasnt real familiar with Alvarez, He has my attention now.
                  S.O.G. whooped it out of him....tuff....Bivol beats Alvarez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                    Its about race to u? Who said anything about black. Haaaaaaahaha u guys are pissed. Bro. Its like this. The truth is the truth kovalov is a mentally weak wanna be bully. When u stand up to him he runs just like in every other fight we seen of him when a fighter stands up to him. Once he throws everything at u and sees u still there? Boo boo surrounds the ring because kovalov don't know what to do after that 2nds later we see him getting knocked out haaaaaahahaha ha ha ha whaaaaaaaahahaha
                    I give credit to any man who fairly wins, regardless of race. Of course we all tend to root for guys we can identify more with. And race is a big identifier for people. I mean you know this right? Come on man.

Kov is a great fighter but after the robbery in the first fight, he never came back stronger. He regressed unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                      my takeaways tonight

1. Ward ruins lives (move on). stop mentioning Ward. this goes to both sides. Ward didn't "ruin" Kovalev and also this result doesn't diminish Ward's two victories against Kov.

2. Stevenson is still a piece of dog sh-t who should've been stripped ages ago. hopefully he rematches Jack, he looked atrocious in that fight.

3. Alvarez jab is the fckn TRUTH.

4. Harold Lederman is worthless and needs to be fired yesterday.

5. Kovalev has no survival instincts because his whole life he's been the one inflicting punishment. he cannot clinch for sh-t.

6. Bivol did not impress. but Chilemba is a master spoiler.

7. Alvarez vs Bivol will be a classic. of course based on tonight you gonna pick Alvarez but thats just in the moment emotional pick. if you analyze those two it's gonna be a real toss up fight. both with great jabs and speed.

8. Kovalev will fight again.
                      9. Somewhere in Atlantic City, Kathy Duva is in tears.

Comment

Working...
                      X