Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Rematch Could Land on April 27 or May, Says Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    I wonder if the fight is as close to being finalised as the one between Wilder and Chisora, which Frank proudly called a press conference to announce as a done deal for Wembley Arena on June 19th 2013.

All smiles: Dereck Chisora, right, and his promoter Frank Warren at the announcement of the clash with Deontay Wilder Photo: REUTERS

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...confirmed.html
    Del Boy fighting Wilder??? Fake news mate!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jkp View Post
      Oldest - Klitchko
      Smallest (and Old) - Povetkin

Parker fight was a farce, thanks to the ref that Eddie paid.
      Its sad that Eddie and AJ would rather have a completely rigged, dud fight, than risk a fair fight and put on a good spectacle for the fans.
      You need to stop smoking that cheap a.ss stuff and check yourself in a rehab, not surprising the crap you just spewed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
        Just the way you ventured into my mention without knowing the reason I made that comment.
        I have been part or indirectly involved in this bet. You definitely know nothing about it but you decided to expose you assz.

I can't be wrong for calling you a jaguar. You are faster than your self.
        Of course I don’t know about it. You’re a mark.

Comment

I'll bet my account against either of yours that if the fight happens and Robbie doesn't pay up, you won't do shit about it.

Deal?
          What’s he supposed to do? I’ll bet my account you wouldn’t do **** either because you’re a coward and I’d put you on your knees face to face. Goof

Comment

• Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
            Of course I don’t know about it. You’re a mark.
            Now can you face forward and move ahead. You are irrelevant here.

Comment

You have 3500 posts in less than a year. You’re a loser. Irrelevant in real life. Have you ever even boxed before? Been to a gym? Fought? Exactly. Shut the **** up goof

Comment

I’m irrelevant haha I’ll pay you $1500 to spar me on video

Comment

I don't know about you, but I think most boxing fans want to see one world HW champion and they want to see him defending his titles against the best challengers.

I don't think AJ, or any of the others, are going to beat everybody easily. But if they did that wouldn't be bad for the sport.

A dominant champion, who seems to be unbeatable, has a glamour that attracts casual fans, some because they want to see him keep winning, others because they want to see him lose. Floyd is a great example of that.

Cleaning out a division is hard enough, but keeping it clean is a task that never ends.
                  Of course I want to see who's the best. But great heavyweight eras aren't defined by a single name, they need competition.

We can talk about how good Klitschko was, but who were the big rivals? My gut feel says that if Joshua were to beat Wilder and Fury, he wouldn't be considered as highly as if he emerged as the best from a series of close fights. After those fights he'd be back to the Povetkins and Whytes. That's what keeping the division clean looks like.

He can't go up in weight class, so he can't keep proving himself. Floyd could do that - prove himself the best, move up for a new challenge and do it all again.

So I want the big fights, want to get to one name, but if we were to get to absolute clarity it won't be exciting as it is right now. Luckily it looks like it's going to take years!

Comment

• There is far to much focus in this forum on the subject of clearing out a division by collecting the ABCs. This is a fable and worthless example to determine the best. There is a long history of paper champions who hold onto belts and claiming their belt by beating them is by no means an achievement unless of course it makes you a 2x champion or 3x champion which is why when a champion looses he will look for a weak champion to achieve that multiple champion status. It’s all a game.

The cruserweight division is a nonsense weight category there’s better fights in light heavyweight and heavyweight so what if Usyk claimed all the belts it’s just for the record nothing more.

I’m not sure you can question Andre Ward he was a tremendous fight and put the big names in their place.

This forum is rightly about AJ and for him he has a lot of work to do. I think all that time he spent with Klitschko he thought he could mimick his career and be a 10 year champion while ploughing in huge paychecks. That is not going to happen right now and thank the boxing Gods for that. In my view there are 3 champions out there Fury Wilder and Joshua and any one can be number one. They all have to fight to earn the right to be called best in this post Klitschko era and it’s going to take some time to come to fruition.

The numbers in USA are so big they can’t be ignored Joshua has to go there and shine to the public but in my view I think he has already lost that popularity contest to Fury.

Don’t get confused with the moniker of champion and the best those are not the same thing particularly in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonduu View Post
                      Del Boy fighting Wilder??? Fake news mate!
                      If Warren had put as much time and effort into making big fights as he put into spreading fake news and suing people, Eddie Hearn would never have become the UK's No1 promoter.

Comment

Working...
                      X