Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Frazier Have Lasted The 15th Round?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Frazier got what was coming to him and ended his life very bitter, although Ali tried to make it up to him several times. Apparently there was some good will on the deathbed but that was noway for Frazier to live his twilight years.
    What did he have coming to him? Based on the Howard Stern interviews he took pride in the fact that he was still mobile, functional and could do what he wanted in life long after boxing. And it was cruel, but he compared it to Ali who of course could do nothing anymore and it satisfied him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
      It's like a marathon runner, in the last mile he is still driving for the tape, but the moment it's over he is truly exhausted.
      Probably very true.

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Frazier was no angel.
      Actually, I don’t think genuine good guys are capable to reach the top in violent combat sports.
      Even the well-mannered Klitschkos must have some hidden dark sides.

Comment

I watched that one live on closed circuit television at Aloha stadium, Honolulu. Most of the time a late KO or TKO means you have seen at least a good fight. There are exceptions, like Tate/Weaver, which was a cold KO.

In a scheduled twenty rounder Joe & Ali would have saved energy differently. They were withdrawing everything they had right on schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          What did he have coming to him? Based on the Howard Stern interviews he took pride in the fact that he was still mobile, functional and could do what he wanted in life long after boxing. And it was cruel, but he compared it to Ali who of course could do nothing anymore and it satisfied him.
          If Ali still had his senses in his later years, he probably still would have been insulting fighters left and right, like Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            If Ali still had his senses in his later years, he probably still would have been insulting fighters left and right, like Frazier.
            I think Ali matured beyond that. His arrogance was a gimmick more than how he truly felt in my opinion. People flocked to it whether they liked or disliked him. He was by no means humble, but I don't think he was a narcissist either. Again, that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              I think Ali matured beyond that. His arrogance was a gimmick more than how he truly felt in my opinion. People flocked to it whether they liked or disliked him. He was by no means humble, but I don't think he was a narcissist either. Again, that's just my opinion.
              Boxers are only human and have their own kinks. He was a well known womanizer, among other flaws.

Comment

He probably does last the 15th. Glad fighters aren't subjected to this excessive heat these days. According to the documentary, Eddie Futch erred on the side of caution after seeing some fighters die in the ring.

Comment

I truly believe Joe had a chance and that Ali might have quit.

I do belive what they said is true and that Ali was that tired and hurt.
                  On the other end if he didn't quit and went out there I got Fraizer losing a UD. I don't think Ali had enough in the tank to truly ko Joe and Joe def didn't have enough to fight Ali back.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
                    I do belive what they said is true and that Ali was that tired and hurt.
                    On the other end if he didn't quit and went out there I got Fraizer losing a UD. I don't think Ali had enough in the tank to truly ko Joe and Joe def didn't have enough to fight Ali back.
                    Exactly. But didnt Ali's corner threaten to stop the fight as well?

Comment

Working...
                    X