Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin 162.9, Kell Brook 167.8 - WBC 7 Day Weights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
    GGG is still in California 7 days before the fight. I wonder if jet lag will play a part in this? They say 1 day of adjustment is required for every hour of time difference. California is -8hrs behind the UK.
    I was thinking that same thing myself. Golovkin should have been over here last week, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Junior View Post
      Lol any hope Brook had of outboxing and evading GGG, is gone. He's gonna' be there to have his head knocked off
      Yup! He's going to be trading shots with a guy used to getting hit by guys up to 180lbs. While Brook is used to getting hit by guys up to 167.

We ALL know most boxers now box 1-2 weight classes below their "Natural Weight". Very rare to see guys hang fight at their TRUE weight like Pac, Floyd, JMM, GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
        GGG is still in California 7 days before the fight. I wonder if jet lag will play a part in this? They say 1 day of adjustment is required for every hour of time difference. California is -8hrs behind the UK.
        ???

Really??? WTFudge is his team thinking???

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          Why dey not talk about Kovalev and Ward
          This is a big fight and it's going to do good in the PPV buy rates how are you?

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttt he's too small for 160
          BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttt he's never fought at 168lbs before oh I mean 160lbs
          bbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuttt never took a punch off a middleweight before

The tears!
          THE TEARS!!
          Are you autistic? Wtf are you even saying

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            If he does, he won't get Leonardesque credit for it. People would say it proved GGG was overrated.
            yeah i said this too, any brook fan is naive if they think he will get credit on this site for winning. Once people wipe away the spunk from their ceiling, they will say it was all due to golovkin being a hypejob and he was finally exposed, nothing to do with brook being a great fighter

Comment

"I thought it would have been a little bigger..."

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                Some guys cut as much as 20lbs in the last week.
                Most of them do! I can name a bunch...Nichols, CanYellow, Thurman, Brook, Lemuix, Charlo (Both), Andrade, Crawford, Basically almost everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  What's Brook's P4P ranking, and on whose list?
                  He's around the Top 20 but NOT in the Top 10 that's for SURE!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...iao-vs-bradley

Which is about right? To be honest it would be hard to name more than 20 boxers better? Unless you flat-out hate the guy??? The link is a starting point.

I mean it's REALLY hard to NOT put him in the Top 20 when he's at the TOP of currently one of the MOST STACKED divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                    How long have you been watching boxing? he'll sweat 8 pounds off easy.
                    7 pounds in the last week is cutting it real close. I know because I've had to make weight before. The last week is normally a period of cool down, or the last few days at least, so if he is going to be going hard for 7 days, that does not bode well.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      7 pounds in the last week is cutting it real close. I know because I've had to make weight before. The last week is normally a period of cool down, or the last few days at least, so if he is going to be going hard for 7 days, that does not bode well.
                      Good post, I agree.

You're not supposed to be working out hard in the last week before a fight. It's a time to be ramping down and conserving all your energy for the big night.

Comment

Working...
                      X