No announcement yet.

Is Holly Holmes another Buster Douglas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    You don't even make it to the UFC if you aren't elite as a female MMA fighter. Holm = Buster Douglas is a silly comparison.
    True dat! The majority of the fights we see on TV the fighters are elite. Some moreso than others. I think sometimes we forget how hard these guys/gals train. I myself, like Im sure many of you are former amatuer fighters. Remember all the hard work put it? I do. Holm is definitely "elite".

Comment

She proved that boxing is not the best attribute for MMA... But her boxing being levels above Rousey proved that IT IS INDEED a factor.

Hopefully this shuts up all the stupid boxing fans (I am a HUGE boxing fan) that claim "boxing is better! Boxing will win"! And all the stupid MMA fans who claim that "BJJ is the best! Wrestling is the best"!

Her victory over Rousey, and then subsequent losses, prove that ALL aspects of fighting are important, and any one style, if implemented via correct game plan, can conquer another style.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        the division is still the same. the only difference now is, these girls are not getting intimidated by it. those girls lost to ronda early on because they were afraid of her. they let her bully them around and thats why they lost. when holly fought ronda, holly stayed her ground and wasnt scare of ronda.

The division is mostly the same accept for Ronda, she is the one intimidated now and that's why she hasn't returned and one of the reasons several could beat her.

Comment

I hope Holly Holm can turn things around and get back to her winning ways. Maybe win the title again. She's a sweetheart.

Comment

Rousey has been considered by some to be the best fighter on the planet. As dominating performances she has had, people would not have thought she would have been exposed and humiliated to the degree she was.

Comment

Originally posted by elina jhon View Post
              Rousey has been considered by some to be the best fighter on the planet. As dominating performances she has had, people would not have thought she would have been exposed and humiliated to the degree she was.
              The only way we will ever know how good Rhonda really is will be if she comes back and continues to fight. We need to see how she responds to a loss. Her reputation and legacy depends on what she does after her loss. If she retired or only comes back for one or two fights then there will always be question marks. She needs to rematch Holly and then if she wins she needs a couple of additional wins to establish a legacy as one of the best female fighters ever. Right now all we have are question marks.

If Tyson retired after the Buster Douglas loss we would still be wondering how good he really was. Fortunately he came back and yes he lost several times more but at least we got the answers. Rhonda must come back to answer the questions. So will Holly after her back to back losses.

Comment

Ronda would have most likely beat Holm in the rematch no matter what. Holm lost b/c the competition is good and is one dimensional still...buster lost all the fights he lost b/c he was lazy and had no heart.I still stick to my pick as I did day one and Ronda will still be the dominate champion when she comes back in all likleyhood.

Holm caught Ronda at a good time along with Ronda trying to show her striking skills a bit to much,lets not forget she buckled Holm with an overhand right breifly before Holm took over the fight as well. I don't see holm winning a championship like Buster after they had their moment ,so its a fare comparison in that term.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
                  The only way we will ever know how good Rhonda really is will be if she comes back and continues to fight. We need to see how she responds to a loss. Her reputation and legacy depends on what she does after her loss. If she retired or only comes back for one or two fights then there will always be question marks. She needs to rematch Holly and then if she wins she needs a couple of additional wins to establish a legacy as one of the best female fighters ever. Right now all we have are question marks.

If Tyson retired after the Buster Douglas loss we would still be wondering how good he really was. Fortunately he came back and yes he lost several times more but at least we got the answers. Rhonda must come back to answer the questions. So will Holly after her back to back losses.
                  What if Tyson defended his titles a few more times and then retired, still unbeaten?

Comment

I barely paid attention to her before she pulled the big upset, but Holly Holmes has numerous boxing and kickboxing belts to her name. She also beat Rousey by actually taking her to school and completely outclassing her, not by scoring some random bull**** flash KO like so many game changing outcomes in the past have been. She also got choked unconscious in her title defense because she refused to give up in true warrior fashion. ALL WHILE BEING IN HER MID THIRTIES.

She may have a ton of age and wear & tear on her but she still puts up one hell of a fight and the upset vs Rousey was no fluke so no the **** she aint no Buster Douglas lmao

Comment

Working...
                    X