Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Santa Cruz: My Body is Growing, Feeling Much Stronger At This New Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Santa Cruz: My Body is Growing, Feeling Much Stronger At This New Weight

Well before his arrival at junior lightweight, Leo Santa Cruz sought the biggest challenge possible at the new weight and always had a hunch it would be Gervonta Davis to answer the call. Ironically, the forced delay in getting to the fight he's always craved could work to his benefit.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't know what he means by stronger. He's moved up 3 times in weight and his power(or lack-thereof)has been more non-existent the higher he's moved up. Hope doesn't use the "small for the weight class" excuse when he gets crushed. This fight is a gross mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
      Don't know what he means by stronger. He's moved up 3 times in weight and his power(or lack-thereof)has been more non-existent the higher he's moved up. Hope doesn't use the "small for the weight class" excuse when he gets crushed. This fight is a gross mismatch.

Yeah once he hit 126, his “power” was largely non-existent. I’m sure he IS stronger by default. But not in comparison to the big 130 pounders. Leo is strong for a 122 pounder. Tank is disproportionately powerful for a 130/135 pounder.

Tank is going to just walk him down and likely highlight reel Leo. Berchelt would walk him down as well.

Leo is a warrior and outside of the blatant Rigo duckage back then, I,ve always thought very highly of him. I would be beyond shocked if he pulled this off.

This screams Mosley-Margarito....if Margarito was actually smaller and weaker and less durable. It was a slaughter as is...

Comment

Day after he gets ko'd, "the weight was a tremdous difference. I'm going back to 126 where I belong".

Comment

Santa Cruz is a dead man!

Comment

Honestly, Santa Cruz is one of those grinder fighters that despite all the offensive are tough to watch. The lack of power means they'll throw hundreds of punches, land hundreds and still barely crack an egg.

I think Davis is going to just power right through Cruz. Unless Cruz can avoid all the power shots he's going to eat for as long as it lasts, it might help him get into the later rounds but I don't know. I can't see him opening up like he normally does and not take plenty of counter shots in return with plenty of power in them.

Comment

I hope hes juicing lol

but in all seriousness shut up Leo and collect your paycheck

Comment

Leo is a experienced champ with great stamina and big heart. He's a dedicated fighter, he's taller with longer reach than Gervonta. Santa Cruz should be able to give him good opposition... But at the end of the day Davis will be just too big, too powerful and too explosive.

Tank by TKO 10

Comment

Man Leo is going to need his gloves and long arms to block the incoming heat.

Comment

Tank is going to beat this man like he stole something from him.

Comment

Working...
                    X