Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctors told Tim Bradley he had 2 fights left after Provodnikov (He fought 6 more)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctors told Tim Bradley he had 2 fights left after Provodnikov (He fought 6 more)

After the death of 28 year old boxer Maxim Dadashev, Tim Bradley spoke about how after the damage he took from the Provodnikov fight, doctors told him he had maybe two fights left.

He fought six more times:

(1) Juan Manuel Marquez
    (2) Pacquiao rematch
    (3) Diego Chaves
    (4) Jessie Vargas
    (5) Brandon Rios
    (6) Manny Pacquiao rubber match

And posters on here freely call pro boxers "COWARDS"

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      Bradley retired with a win over every opponent he faced, so I wondered why he retired at 32 with his only losses being two decisions to Pacquiao. But now I understand, and think he was seriously playing with fire with those additional fights past his medical recommendation.

He's acknowledged he left millions on the table, but he's an ESPN analyst now and seems to be alright physically.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        I hate it when people do that. Being a pro fighter takes a lot of guts since you are basically cutting your life short for income.

Comment

I remember the Provo fight being exceptionally brutal.

Timmeh overcame a multitude of health issues: busted feet after fighting manny, suicidal ideation, & having his brain get knocked around good by Provo

Didn't he get concussions from that fight without getting KO'd

Comment

so basically bradley told doctors to eat a d i c k

and then ppl wanna blame doctors, ref and coaches when tragedies happen

Comment

The Provo fight was incredibly brutal, that fight shortened his career. One more fight like that would have been one too many.
              I hope Tim didn’t get out too late. He always seemed like a pretty good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                The Provo fight was incredibly brutal, that fight shortened his career. One more fight like that would have been one too many.
                I hope Tim didn’t get out too late. He always seemed like a pretty good guy.
                I remember watching it and thinking this is why fight strategies shouldn't be based on pleasing the fans

Timmeh had something to prove that night and overcompensated to gain acceptance from the haters who faulted & even threatened him for the bad decision with pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  I remember the Provo fight being exceptionally brutal.

Timmeh overcame a multitude of health issues: busted feet after fighting manny, suicidal ideation, & having his brain get knocked around good by Provo

Didn't he get concussions from that fight without getting KO'd
                  Tim Bradley just said in this video that he was concussed in the first round of the Provo fight, but continued to fight for all 12 and still managed to get the win.

Originally posted by South Champion View Post

Comment

VADA testing?

Comment

Working...
                    X