Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctors told Tim Bradley he had 2 fights left after Provodnikov (He fought 6 more)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Bradley said that he couldn't remember most of the fight even happening.

Comment

How does that make any damn sense?

If he got brain damage of any kind he shouldn’t of had any fights left, and what happens if he got hurt even worse after where does this second fight shat come from? How Can someone tell you’ll be good another two fights?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post

If he got brain damage of any kind he shouldn’t of had any fights left, and what happens if he got hurt even worse after where does this second fight shat come from? How Can someone tell you’ll be good another two fights?
        Bradley said the doctors did an MRI of his brain and told him "You maybe have two fights left."

I didn't interpret it as them saying that he SHOULD do two more fights and he'll be fine. I took it as them warning him that if he did two more fights and came out unscathed...he'd be lucky.

Boxers know the risk of taking even one fight, and any doctor would tell you getting punched for even one fight isn't good for your health. Bradley was still a 29 year old, P4P ranked, world champ after the Provodonikov fight, he wasn't walking away at the peak of his earning potential.

There are active boxers who seem more brain damaged than Bradley.

Comment

Bradley retired at the right time.

He had a great career and make plenty of $$$.

Personally I believe Tim Bradley is the best role model for all young African American boxers, he came from very humble beginnings but worked hard, never blaming the 'system', never getting in trouble with the police, respected his opponents, controlled his own destiny and reaped the rewards.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post

That's what I was scratching my brain over.
            How does a doctor predict how many fights you got left?
            Wouldn't it be you either OK or not OK to take the next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              And posters on here freely call pro boxers "COWARDS"
              You made a thread on Joshua quitting.

Comment

Is there brain damage mileage like that? I'd recommend Tim get some new doctors cuz I call bs on that type of thinking & I'm positive no doctor woulda told Maxim he had 1 fight left before last weekend.

The cold reality in boxing is ANY fight could be your last.

Comment

Doctors are wrong all the time. I just had a guy that was medically discharged because of diabetes. Got a second opinion once he got out and they were treating him for diabetes when he never had it

Doctors told Danny Jacobs he wouldn't walk or fight again. Dude became a champion again in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    And posters on here freely call pro boxers "COWARDS"
                    Anonymous keyboard criticism

When people arent live, in-person, and dont have to FACE the consequences on reality...man people can be horrible and nasty :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      Doctors are wrong all the time. I just had a guy that was medically discharged because of diabetes. Got a second opinion once he got out and they were treating him for diabetes when he never had it

Doctors told Danny Jacobs he wouldn't walk or fight again. Dude became a champion again in boxing
                      Right, but physicians are typically "right" 85% of the time. They don't know everything and outliers DO HAPPEN, but for every outlier (Danny Jacob's, etc) there are another 50-100 "typical" cases that nobody hears about

Comment

Working...
                      X