Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz: 3 Months of Partying, Celebrating Got Best of Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From rags to riches .. to riches and shame!

Jokes aside... He just couldn't cut the right off. Josuah running like a naked girl in the street...

SO no excuses please. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      But why are you just now realizing this? We've seen it for years, but in terms of big fights, we saw it with Manny against Floyd:

Roach: Manny's going to knock him out in 6 rounds, we've been preparing for this for YEARS!

Manny: I feel better than ever! God will deliver him unto me!

Bob Arum: You have to understand, I was his promoter for 10 and a half years, I know, I've seen slippage, I've never seen Manny punch this fast!

** After the fight **

Manny: My shoulder...

Bob Arum: Well, there were some injuries and we don't know how that affected the fight, so

Roach:

———————-

Truer words have never been spoken.

And it’s not just that, Floyd vs Marquez was set to happen in July but Floyd pushed it to September because he had injured his rib. He showed the injury on camera. Fight was pushed back and Marquez was given the only beating of his career. He did not even win a single minute of any 12 rounds.

If Manny was injured as he and his idiotic fans claim, why not postpone the biggest fight of his career. Manny is a global superstar, he wasn’t playing 2nd fiddle to Floyd hence the protracted negotiations over the years, he had the power to postpone the fight.

As soon as he gets beat he starts with the shoulder injury first then outlandishly claims he thinks he won the fight.

Now, him and his foolish fans claim Floyd is avoiding a rematch because he’s scared. Idiots will just be idiots.
      Manny got beat by Floyd and it wasn’t even a close fight.

Castillo and Maidana were tough fights for Floyd and both warranted rematches. They got beat yet again. Both of them

Lastly, did you notice all the experts saying how AJ was boxing beautifully by being on his feet?
      Floyd on the other hand is a runner.

Khan fights beautifully against Canelo before the KO
      Sugar Ray fights beautifully against Hagler, etc
      Oscar fights beautifully against Tito and Hopkins
      Roy Jones fights beautifully vs John Ruiz
      Plus a ton of others BUT Floyd is a runner.

Comment

No rubber match!

Both men had their chance to set record straight on rematch and Ruiz had his chance to prove it was no fluke! Not taking none from him since he fought great on first match, but he blew his opportunity on rematch! AJ took rematch serious. Sorry Ruiz, but second fight wasn't close and you don't deserve another rematch! Take your $$ and go home!

Comment

When he beats wilder i say rematch aj

Comment

That was so irresponsible. He let down himself, his team, the paying public and his fans. He can't cry if he gets a lot of flak for this.

Comment

Ruiz honestly let everybody down especially himself and he'll look back on this and resent his decision for the rest of his life I'm sure. Huge fan but he really needs to STFU and stop making excuses. I feel embarrassed defending this guy since he won the first fight and then he pulls this stunt. Preparation and conditioning is a huge part of the sport and this guy couldn't be bothered to do it while AJ locked himself up in a dungeon and came in amazing shape to box his ears off.

Ruiz let the partying, celebrity, and fame get to him and put that over training for the biggest fight of his life. The president of Mexico won't want to see him, Jimmy Kimmel won't have him on his show again, the celebrities won't call, and the clingers are just going to hang out until this guy blows all his money. Really disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                If what you say is true, that is a serious crime that will send both Hearn and Ruiz to prison for a long time. I don't believe Hearn would risk it. But, whether deliberate or not, that only underscores my point, that Andy Ruiz, cheated and disrespected the public by coming in ill-prepared.
                there are tens of millions at stake and you don't think hearns would risk it? people would sell their kids into sex slavery for less. women sold their kids to Michael Jackson for less

Comment

Originally posted by gogetter1132 View Post
                  It was quite clear from the moment they announced this dude's weight that he did not take the fact that he was the heavyweight champion of the world seriously. Then he sits there in the post fight press conference making excuse after excuse only to then follow up with "I don't have any excuses." This dude is a clown and I really hope he does not get a third fight since he clearly does not deserve it.

As for AJ; I guess I am not as impressed as a lot of other people seem to be with his performance. This dude fought off his back foot the entire time, clearly scared to really engage and let his hands go. I understand boxing smartly and utilizing your advantages but this was not that. It was a guy who was terrified of getting caught so even when he busted Ruiz eye early in the fight he still refused to sit down on this punches. Sure he got the win and he clearly deserved the decision but it was a lackluster performance at best if you ask me.

I would pick both Fury and Wilder to beat AJ and Ruiz. Wilder KO's them both and Fury boxes both of their ears off. Let's stop the conversation right now about who the two best heavyweights in the world are. It's clearly Wilder and Fury and Fury or Wilder in either order.

How many cupcake fights will AJ get before being fed to Wilder (or Fury)?
                  Yeah, I'm with you. I was very disappointed in Ruiz lack of conditioning, preparation and gameplan. Joshua showed he can move and improve his conditioning when he loses some of the bulk but I wasn't all too impressed with his performance. I think he just wanted to make sure he got the W. I don't see any need for a third fight and I don't think either Ruiz or AJ would beat either Wilder or Fury at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                    I must have lost my memory, but I watched most of Mayweather's TV and PPV fights and don't recall anyone calling him a runner. He avoided punches mostly with body movement and the shoulder roll. Perhaps the "runner moniker" comes from Pacquiao fans or other interested parties.
                    ———///

You are right, it’s the demented and delusional Pacquiao fans that call him a runner.
                    However, many sports writers and so called analysts like Skip Bayless and others call Floyd’s style “boring” because he is always moving and not engaging in drunken cavemen-style brawls which kind of aligns with the “running” moniker. They entertain it, was my point.

I have challenged people I know plus on forums like these to name the fights that Floyd supposedly “ran” and I get two at most; Oscar and PAC.
                    This BS basically means out of 50 fights, Floyd “ran” in two fights.

Anyway, 99% of PAC fans are Filipinos so I don’t expect anything but bound devotion to their guy who has 7 losses.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                      Hope you are ok man. I have been there!
                      Originally posted by True That View Post
                      lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Originally posted by Szef View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X