Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Lomachenko Faced Smaller Guys More Than Once

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Not in the same way. Arum crafted a deal he knew would get rejected. Then Rigo had no real options. Loma gets all credit for the win but just be honest about how it all went down.

Same with walters. Loma gets all credit, but the fight, same as Rigo, occurred well after it was the "hot" fight we all wanted.
    They both quit the sooner we forget about them the better . They brought shame to their Ancestors.

Prior to those fights I can openly admit I was a bit of a Lomachenko hater. I felt too much praise was heaped on him early and he had already taken a loss.

Rigo was a fighter that I throughly respected. I thought Rigo would clobber him whilst Loma was in the Matrix. Yes there was a size difference but watch the fight Loma didn’t impose his size on him.

Loma is bad dude. I used to like the fat lesbian tank too but he is ungrateful and disloyal. He is forever talking S#hit about fighters but when Loma came calling he was silent as a mouse. Not a word out of him. Then months later I will fight him on PPV.The fat Dyke. It shouldn’t say a god damn word. Even wanted to fight with Wilder and the Charlo’s than face Loma

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
      Loma called out Fat Boy Stank Davis last year and Stank got shooked and quite real quick...

This thread should be locked.
      Theres no question that Tank wanted no part of Loma before.(he(TD)wasnt even in his prime yet) But now that Loma went 12 his last fight vs who Davis decimated before,im sure Tank sees what everyone else should,which is that Davis has a good chance of walking Loma down & using his power to outgun him. Don't bother responding with insults as before.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        They both quit the sooner we forget about them the better . They brought shame to their Ancestors.

Prior to those fights I can openly admit I was a bit of a Lomachenko hater. I felt too much praise was heaped on him early and he had already taken a loss.

Rigo was a fighter that I throughly respected. I thought Rigo would clobber him whilst Loma was in the Matrix. Yes there was a size difference but watch the fight Loma didn’t impose his size on him.

Loma is bad dude. I used to like the fat lesbian tank too but he is ungrateful and disloyal. He is forever talking S#hit about fighters but when Loma came calling he was silent as a mouse. Not a word out of him. Then months later I will fight him on PPV.The fat Dyke. It shouldn’t say a god damn word. Even wanted to fight with Wilder and the Charlo’s than face Loma
        Loma is great. No question.

Tank and his team are going to fight Loma when they feel they have the best chance to win, not when Loma has the best chance. It's not like other fighters, even ATG HOF'ers haven't done same. Loma did this to Rigo and Walters. Well maybe not him, but Arum.

All big names promoted by top promoters maneuver their fighters in a way that is best for business. It's how the game works.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          Davis is a weight bully who got stripped of his title at 130. The fact that he still didnt move up afterward tells you all you need to know. He is scared to move to 135 where guys like Lopez, Commey, and Loma would be more than happy to kick his ass.
          If he makes weight he has followed the rules rules and bullied nobody. Blame a rule if you want but don't blame a boxer who obeys the rule. Yes he was stripped of a title at 130 for not making weight but he tried harder and did make 130 and became a champion again. If he is at his best at 130 why must he move up to a heavier weight and make things harder on himself. That's not being a weight bully. That is just not being stupid. If he loses too many pounds just to make a lower weight he drains himself and the only one he has bullied is himself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            This thread is sad. Nothing Tank said is false but because it doesn't make Loma look like the best ever some of his fans are have come in here to bad mouth Tank.

Guys, all of you need to accept the fact that even though you like a guy and think he is great, when you get to the top you change the way you move because you are expected to keep filling arenas, getting ratings and selling PPV's.

Loma fighting smaller guys doesn't in any way make him lesser of a boxer. All it does is show that you have different opponents once you establish yourself than when you are on the come up.

It shifts from being about the quality of the fight to the skills of the fighter that the network thinks people want to see. They also don't want to risk a "bad loss" like a Donaire/Rigo situation because that messes up future plans.

can't we all try and look at this as educated, experienced boxing diehards that understand the business rather than just partisan fans.
            While you're absolutely right that Tank's statement is factually correct I think that what's drawing criticism is less that it reflects negatively on Lomachenko than that Tank appears to be drawing a parallel in order to justify his replacement opponent. Naturally this is what he has to do... it's rare to hear a fighter or promoter say of a replacement "well, he honestly ain't shet, but it the best we could do a short notice", but it not unreasonable for fans to throw a lil shade Tanks way for a rather disingenuous attempt to suggest that his and Loma's respective fights against smaller opponents were in some way comparable.

Myself? Meh. I ain't faulting Tank or even particularly his management... this shit happens and it's rare for a replacement opponent to be a Korobov or whatever, but it'd be silly to suggest this is anything other than a rather clumsy attempt by Tank to justify a pretty damn poor fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              I've got Berchelt > Tank at 130
              Maybe we get that fight next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
                2-time Olympic champion and lineal Rigondeaux King of Defence and Marriaga?
                Wasn't Marriaga happening after Loma beat WBA regular champion Sosa and was ducked by all other champions including Needs Time Davis The "Why'd Mayweather told he want me fight Loma?" himself? Dumbest boxer ever to mention Loma here, ha-ha!
                So Davis forced Loma to fight Marriaga?

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
                  How did loma ducked Mikey when loma moved to mikey’s weight class and mikey moved up... Explain...
                  Same way Davis ducked someone who moved up right.

Comment

It's his team that have no faith. Something is throttling his career, this is also choking his income. Nobody is going to develop a demand to see tank half killing Jose Who after who. He's withering on the vine, while the world is getting meaner. Haney, Teofimo, nordic track and rabbit food. Tank better strike while the iron is hot and forget these little guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      While you're absolutely right that Tank's statement is factually correct I think that what's drawing criticism is less that it reflects negatively on Lomachenko than that Tank appears to be drawing a parallel in order to justify his replacement opponent. Naturally this is what he has to do... it's rare to hear a fighter or promoter say of a replacement "well, he honestly ain't shet, but it the best we could do a short notice", but it not unreasonable for fans to throw a lil shade Tanks way for a rather disingenuous attempt to suggest that his and Loma's respective fights against smaller opponents were in some way comparable.

Myself? Meh. I ain't faulting Tank or even particularly his management... this shit happens and it's rare for a replacement opponent to be a Korobov or whatever, but it'd be silly to suggest this is anything other than a rather clumsy attempt by Tank to justify a pretty damn poor fight.
                      The statement was in response to the criticism. As this thread demonstrates some people don't have constructive comments they only have trash talk level criticism.

Comment

Working...
                      X