Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Lomachenko Faced Smaller Guys More Than Once

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    He actually beat a guy that Loma just beat in a very good fight when that guy was undefeated.
    You should be embarrassed you've been posting this many years and you're only objective is to defend and praise black fighters

Comment

Davis himself CANNOT even make weight. He is always the bigger man

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
        Lil Tank has already established that he's better than everyone at 130, at least according to his fans.

U r moronic, kid

Still waiting

Pretty amazing, isn't it? He had the chance to fight him, but instead wanted to play duck duck goose. Kids these days

Yup

Davis wasn't asked about Loma. Ducked Loma but yet berates him, smfh.

Exactly

Double standards? This isn't 2014, kid. Protected Boxing Contenders continues to sell shi.t made to look like ice cream.
        PBC has the best fights in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          You should be embarrassed you've been posting this many years and you're only objective is to defend and praise black fighters
          LMFAO. Equating posting the truth to defending black fighters. Check the previous posts where I "defend" Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
            Rigo never had a chance of beating lomachenko. Did you watch the fight? A year or some earlier would've been the exact same result

I'm just going to call it like it is. Loma dominated rigo, albeit a smaller fighter. but still a world class possible P4P opponent. while davis has yet to fight against an opponent half as good as that small rigo.

Davis isn't very good. i think you know that he will be exposed if he moves up/ and or fights a decent opponent.
            Bro, davis is ridiculously good

He was standing in the pocket with his hands down Vs pedraza who is fast

Speed and power is elite

Only weakness I've seen so far is when he fights movers. He sometimes struggles to land and gets frustrated

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
              I'll give you 2 examples that instantly demonstrate that Lomas fans' claims are not serious,as they rate lomas comparatively weak resume as superior & sht all over
              Mikey/Canelo,who have the best resumes in boxing by far yet most these loma fans sht on them & their resume both from day 1 & they still laughably say what Atlas claimed since loma had like 4-5 fights

"lomas resume is p4p #1,because hes fighting "champs" with so few fights"

yet he actually went way down in weight from his entire olympic career,& racist teddy leaves out that he is 30 yrs old & was the huge favorite in those fights vs unproven opponents due to his 2x gold medals & several of his opponents were coming off/had been destroyed at lower weights even his last opponent was kod by Tank easily at a lower weight,Loma still went 12 with him & he had done fckall to bounce back after the davis loss(he beat 3 D levels 2 of which warent even 12 rd fights)

Ward got sharded on the same before he retired & still gets shat on by most of them. Lomas wins below 135 should not in any way shape or form warrant him being p4p #1, & he legit lost vs Salido,so that should also come into play as should that he was losing & was kd by glasschin linares(I will give loma 1 thing he had heart to ko linares late;Linares should be ashamed he folded as usual)

But my entire pt is that when lomas resume is viewed objectively & Age,weight etc. is accounted for its not nearly as impressive as espn media/fans claim. And theres several fighters more worthy of being p4p because they didn't stay in ams til old age then go down j n weight as a pro. Lomas an excellent fighter who is elite but he s nowhere near proven enough to warrant his hype nor to warrant other fighters being shat on in comparison.
              i can see that you are very annoyed by a certain fanboy group of lomachenko that may be clouding your thinking.

mikey garcias pro resume , isnt comparable to lomachenkos even if you were to nitpick every single victory. to me thats just a dreadful take

on the flipside,i think you can make a good argument that his resume isnt as pristine as certain people make it out to be. i also believe you could literally nitpick any fighters resume in history and make it seem lesser. the fact that you can come up with (maybe) two fighters in all of boxing that can compare to his current resume, shows me ur kinda just splitting hairs tbh

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Bro, davis is ridiculously good

He was standing in the pocket with his hands down Vs pedraza who is fast

Speed and power is elite

Only weakness I've seen so far is when he fights movers. He sometimes struggles to land and gets frustrated

i think with davis he has the tools to be really good

u see the speed and power, hes got game on offense no doubt he seems like good finisher and got a good repertoire of shots

but who knows on defense i dont think ive ever seen anyone that can stand in there in the pocket with him

even pedraza whos a good fighter looked timid in there with davis, truly

hes gonna have to move up to lw at some point struggling already with weight in his early 20s

and at 5'5 i think he could be undersized against the best lw in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  Based on your logic of Davis ducking Loma, Loma ducked Mikey. The end.
                  How did loma ducked Mikey when loma moved to mikey’s weight class and mikey moved up... Explain...

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
                    i can see that you are very annoyed by a certain fanboy group of lomachenko that may be clouding your thinking.

mikey garcias pro resume , isnt comparable to lomachenkos even if you were to nitpick every single victory. to me thats just a dreadful take

on the flipside,i think you can make a good argument that his resume isnt as pristine as certain people make it out to be. i also believe you could literally nitpick any fighters resume in history and make it seem lesser. the fact that you can come up with (maybe) two fighters in all of boxing that can compare to his current resume, shows me ur kinda just splitting hairs tbh
                    I see Loma as a elite fighter but nowhere near this absolute monster hes touted as. I expect him to be in life & death dogfights vs anyone elite at 135 & up. His best asset is footwork,but footwork can be timed & dealt with by powerful fighters with good chins.

The amount of overhype associated with Lomachenko can be best summed up with this 1 article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...ammad-Ali.html

I honestly don't see how his fans can act like hes some legendary beast based off prior performances,whenever he gives up height/weight advantage he suddenly becomes very beatable.

Hes been crowned #1 without cleaning out a single weight class or facing the best at above 130 yet,I would give him massive respect had he even cleaned up 130,(there has been reasons not his fault he didn't fight everyone at 130,but still he should've already fought at least 1 of Easter/Berchelt by now,& him fighting anyone whos below a natural jr LW he has absolutely zero reasons to be facing,those are straight up cherries 4 Loma because anything below 130 hes a decimator,but he belongs at LEAST at 130 )
                    Last edited by kushking; 02-06-2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Loma called out Fat Boy Stank Davis last year and Stank got shooked and quite real quick...

This thread should be locked.

Comment

Working...
                      X