Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the 7th Day Adventist considered a cult?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    Because they incorporated Ellen G. White into their gospels who was one of their founders.

Your traditional Christians, from Catholics to Protestants hold only the writings of ancient prophets and the book of Revelation as the last book of the bible with no further additions.

Ellen G White had some of her own visions which she attempted to parlay with the bible, therefore she would be on the same level as say Mormons. However, aside from that they are pretty straight forward Christian beliefs.
    Good point! I had momentarily brain froze on the Ellen G. White angle.

Comment

All religions are a cult though!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
        again thats all i hear but no explanation at all.
        They are a doomsday cult where only 144k souls go to heaven, and they missed all of the rapture dates.

False prophets, started by ill informed, so called biblical scholars, salvation via hard work..

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          They are a doomsday cult where only 144k souls go to heaven, and they missed all of the rapture dates.

False prophets, started by ill informed, so called biblical scholars, salvation via hard work..
          I believe the 144K thing is the Jehovah's Witnesses, not the 7th Day Adventists.

Comment

Originally posted by Breakbeat 2.0 View Post
            It seems very cultish, they have a form of control over their members lives. And limit interaction with non members and shun members who get out of line.

http://leavingsda.com/seventh-day-adventist-cult/
            So, sort of like Islam?

Comment

I was actually raised SDA some of the points they make are true such as Saturday being the biblical day of worship.
              Others as believing in Ellen G white is false.
              When I became an adult I moved away from those beliefs. I’m currently looking for something new.

I still believe in God but I have difficulty trusting in organizations that seem to want to control you and charge you money for
              Salvation

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
                I believe the 144K thing is the Jehovah's Witnesses, not the 7th Day Adventists.
                Yeah, you are correct, I get my cults confused. Green k

Comment

Originally posted by Bygeorge View Post
                  So, sort of like Islam?

Kinda like that......LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                    I was actually raised SDA some of the points they make are true such as Saturday being the biblical day of worship.
                    Others as believing in Ellen G white is false.
                    When I became an adult I moved away from those beliefs. I’m currently looking for something new.

I still believe in God but I have difficulty trusting in organizations that seem to want to control you and charge you money for
                    Salvation

Sorry to hear that you were brainwashed from an early age like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Breakbeat 2.0 View Post
                      Sorry to hear that you were brainwashed from an early age like that.
                      Everyone that was raised in a religion was.
                      For some it’s Islam others it’s catholic and so on.

Comment

Working...
                      X