Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the 7th Day Adventist considered a cult?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Why is the 7th Day Adventist considered a cult?

Serious question why do people consider the 7th Day Adventist a cult?

I remember back in high school one of my boys was dating this chick and I was like so everything all good with her? He then responded with,

"Yeah she's cool but the only bad thing is she's 7th Day Adventist, you know that cult?"

I also heard a lot of other people refer to them as a cult as well.

But why? When you Google it there seems to be just long articles boring as hell, but nothing very odd like scientology or jehovahs witness or whatever.

One of the companies I worked for also said, (behind closed doors/ off record) "He's a good applicant, his resume is good, but he's a 7th Day Adventist"

LOL seriously somebody school me on all this. Thanks!

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post

I remember back in high school one of my boys was dating this chick and I was like so everything all good with her? He then responded with,

"Yeah she's cool but the only bad thing is she's 7th Day Adventist, you know that cult?"

But why? When you Google it there seems to be just long articles boring as hell, but nothing very odd like scientology or jehovahs witness or whatever.

One of the companies I worked for also said, (behind closed doors/ off record) "He's a good applicant, his resume is good, but he's a 7th Day Adventist"

The only thing strange about them is they don't eat pork and observe the Sabbath.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      The only thing strange about them is they don't eat pork and observe the Sabbath.
      LOL why does everyone act like they crazy scientologists then lol.

church on saturday morning would suck. Friday nights would be weak.

i love me some bbq ribs, carnitas, and pork chops can't do these things lol

Comment

LOL why does everyone act like they crazy scientologists then lol.

church on saturday morning would suck. Friday nights would be weak.

i love me some bbq ribs, carnitas, and pork chops can't do these things lol
        i know on that pork tip

Comment

Because they incorporated Ellen G. White into their gospels who was one of their founders.

Your traditional Christians, from Catholics to Protestants hold only the writings of ancient prophets and the book of Revelation as the last book of the bible with no further additions.

Ellen G White had some of her own visions which she attempted to parlay with the bible, therefore she would be on the same level as say Mormons. However, aside from that they are pretty straight forward Christian beliefs.

Comment

They are a cray cray cult...look it up

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              Because they incorporated Ellen G. White into their gospels who was one of their founders.

Your traditional Christians, from Catholics to Protestants hold only the writings of ancient prophets and the book of Revelation as the last book of the bible with no further additions.

Ellen G White had some of her own visions which she attempted to parlay with the bible, therefore she would be on the same level as say Mormons. However, aside from that they are pretty straight forward Christian beliefs.
              thats a good point. its kind of like adding L. Ron Hubbard to the bible LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                They are a cray cray cult...look it up
                again thats all i hear but no explanation at all.

Comment

It seems very cultish, they have a form of control over their members lives. And limit interaction with non members and shun members who get out of line.

http://leavingsda.com/seventh-day-adventist-cult/

Comment

They really aren't. The Worldwide Church of God is a cult, but the 7th Day Adventists are just considered an aberrant Christian sect. They're criticized primarily because they're like the Judaizers that Paul was writing against in the New Testament.

Comment

Working...
                    X