Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Y'all want Lucas to continue and end up like Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LittleMacAttack View Post
    You're not on fire, you're acting like a straight clown. You hate when people call your fighter a coward, so you take the chance to "retaliate". All you're doing is showing yourself to be a hypocrite. You're the same as the people you make fun of.
    Bravo

Comment

As a Matthysse fan I agree. I think Matthysse is mentally weak willed. He has decent talent and great power, but that's not enough at the highest level.
      Yeah, I'm a fan of Lucas as well, but it's apparent he has that bully mentality like Tyson did. These guys love wrecking dudes and beating them up, but they can't handle the pressure themselves and panic when guys are taking their shots and pushing them back. Garcia beat him up, Molin almost had him in a war, and now Postol outclassed him and broke his will. I don't know where Lucas goes from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
        Stop trying to make every topic about Floyd, it's getting really old now.
        I can do whatever i want,feel free not to reply

Comment

Originally posted by Craveman View Post
          "As a keyboard warrior, I think Lucas is a coward for quiting. I think he should have went blind, warrior style!"

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
          Thinking is not enough, you should demand that he goes blind.
          Lol you guys

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
          Couldn't agree more mate, he had every right to put his health first and none of these keyboard warriors have the right to criticise a world level fighter by calling him a bum or a quitter, he's most likely been through and has put his body through more than anyone on here ever have or ever will so them disrespecting him is laughable really, it's all expected though because this is the Internet and you get it all the time.
          Great post, all the wars he's given us over the years and people are happy for a man to lose so they can trash the so called "hype".
          Last edited by SalimShady1212; 10-04-2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            So we can make fun of Victor Ortiz but not Lucas? Fact is, both quit during a fight which they couldn't handle the punishment. It's boxing, it's what these guys sign up for.

What's funny is guys like Berto and Paulie are often mocked but these dudes would never quit during a fight and have observed big punishment and being outclassed. Lucas was being outboxed and toyed with and took the easy way out.

Victor Ortiz has quit multiple times and for no real reason. I give him a pass for the broken jaw but he purposely got himself DQ'd earlier in his career, he had a meltdown vs Maidana and was more mocked for his embarrassing post fight interview he then went on to quit against light-hitting Collazo after the first solid shot he took back.

Berto & Paulie have bags of heart, nobody has ever questioned their heart. They get mocked for different reasons. It certainly isn't or shouldn't be their heart.

I've seen Lucas battle through adversity many times, I don't think he is a guy who just quits when the going gets tough. He wasn't in the fight despite the scorecards & if he went temporarily blind in on eye, I don't want to justify him quitting but I can't really find it in me to hold it against him.
            Its easy to sit and say he could of got up which he could of but if he can't see it probably would of been pretty foolish to continue at that stage.
            Even the toughest men on the planet shows split second signs of weakness. Its a brutal sport but a sport all the same is it worth going blind for?

Comment

As a Matthysse fan I agree. I think Matthysse is mentally weak willed. He has decent talent and great power, but that's not enough at the highest level.
              Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Disappointing but if you get smacked like that, hear a pop and suddenly can't see out of one eye, you are going to panic. He was also massively frustrated and shipped a lot of punishment for the last 3 rounds non stop. He couldn't even get off anymore.

He has had bad eye issues before and fought through. Its easy to sit, laugh and mock him for quitting but how many serious eye injuries does he have to go through? If he felt his eyesight was at risk, I ain't holding it against the guy. That is almost as serious of an injury you can have in boxing.

He isn't a machine, he is a human being with emotions, feelings like everyone else.
              Its not like he is Tor Hamer or Ortiz who seemingly quit the moment they get hit back, those sort deserve to be mocked, they open themselves up to ridicule, they're in the wrong sport.
              Agree with you guys, in terms of mentality he is like the opposite of Maidana who is cold and doesnt give a damn. Whereas we've seen Lucas cry tears of joy after winning fights, he doesn't even like being called the machine, it's just a nickname maravilla gave him back in the day.

Comment

"I've lost respect for Matthysse, if it was me I would have continued. I have zero tolerance for quitters"

Comment

third eye injury he's had now. vs harris, garcia and postol. it's gonna keep happening so he's got a decision to make with his team. either change his style to keep his face protected more or find another profession

other guys had the will to fight thru eye injuries. lucas has always seemed like an emotional guy who doesn't have the "**** it" mentality of somebody like maidana or margarito or provodnikov. he doesn't like getting hit.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Victor Ortiz has quit multiple times and for no real reason. I give him a pass for the broken jaw but he purposely got himself DQ'd earlier in his career, he had a meltdown vs Maidana and was more mocked for his embarrassing post fight interview he then went on to quit against light-hitting Collazo after the first solid shot he took back.

Berto & Paulie have bags of heart, nobody has ever questioned their heart. They get mocked for different reasons. It certainly isn't or shouldn't be their heart.

I've seen Lucas battle through adversity many times, I don't think he is a guy who just quits when the going gets tough. He wasn't in the fight despite the scorecards & if he went temporarily blind in on eye, I don't want to justify him quitting but I can't really find it in me to hold it against him.
                    Its easy to sit and say he could of got up which he could of but if he can't see it probably would of been pretty foolish to continue at that stage.
                    Even the toughest men on the planet shows split second signs of weakness. Its a brutal sport but a sport all the same is it worth going blind for?

Fair enough, Dan, good post!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Forgot you were a United fan too

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      If Broner or Floyd did this..this site would have crashed
                      This is true.

Comment

Working...
                      X