Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was it about Margarito that made some of you think he was a threat to beat Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    I would have much rather saw margarito than baldomir, Judah, or Sharmba honestly, I am speaking specifically of that time period. Especially Baldomir, because Floyd didn't sign on for that fight, but speaking to your post, you leaving out that
    margarito also holds a punishing win on cotto, and dealt some serious punishment to pacquaio in that loss...plus shane, and pacquaio are far more aggressive fighters than mayweather, they would take a few punches to land some, Floyd don't, so
    maybe. maybe not, so I was interested in seeing how Floyd would handle a much bigger version of a diego corrales, but I don't assume anything because a Floyd pundit says so.
    Now I get where you are at, plaster hands you celebrate without them Cotto boxed his ears off, work it out buddy, you seriously think Cotto Mosley Manny and Santos ALL out boxed Margarito and Floyd cant and he will get hit more than they did the notion is just ******ed and ignoring the evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Now I get where you are at, plaster hands you celebrate without them Cotto boxed his ears off, work it out buddy, you seriously think Cotto Mosley Manny and Santos ALL out boxed Margarito and Floyd cant and he will get hit more than they did the notion is just ******ed and ignoring the evidence.
      is that all you saw? that I pointed out margarito put some hurt on cotto and beat him...goddam....

win or lose, that dude dealt out some punishment...cotto, pac, shane, they are all far more aggressive than Floyd...hell even Williams is more aggressive...I just wanted to see how Floyd with his style would do it...

you cats are so fu**in sensitive man...I think you are just straight up some moist dudes on the low...

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        Floyd took the same punches that knocked Margarito out and came back to dominate Mosley, Floyd out boxed the guys that out boxed Margarito in Cotto and Manny and look how easy they out boxed him, I would bet my house on Floyd schooling Margarito as he is not even a one punch KO guy he has to land many many blows on Floyd and that aint happening with a plodder like Margarito.
        No he didnt

Floyd took A good mosley punch.

Marg ate mosley punches like they were cookies and he was cookie monster.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          His size, style, and chin could have been a nightmare for Mayweather. He was so long and so active and could walk through Mayweather's power, so Mayweather would need to be at the top of his game to move and confuse Margarito.

It's been proven time and time again that the best way to challenge Floyd in the ring is size and pressure, and Margarito had that in spades. Yeah, he had problems with much worse fighters. Marcos Maidana lost badly to Devon Alexander, but what did that matter when he got in the ring with Mayweather?

I'm not saying Margarito definitely beats Mayweather, but I think he would have been a tough challenge. I think Floyd knew it, too, because Margarito is the one guy you can make a serious case that he ducked.
          I think the lack of sharpness would be an issue. Maidana and Castillo (more so Castillo) are mich sharper punchers

Also, another factor would be the fact Margarito isn't good on the inside unlike those two (again more so Castillo)

You make good points for sure, Margarito wouldn't get white washed but I think Floyd wins especially if he can tie him up effectively which is likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
            Based on what? There is zero history of this.
            Floyd Mayweather was not really known for his high work-rate! at elite level he has quite a low punch output, and takes advantage of when fighters stand off him! Antonio Margarito did not stand off his opponents, which would force Floyd Mayweather to up his work-rate! up against Ricky Hatton, Floyd Mayweather was struggling with the pace! and the intensity of Ricky Hatton's pressure fighting! (Antonio Margarito would of implemented the same kind of pressure, with more durability! this is long hard night's work for Floyd Mayweather!)...

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I think the lack of sharpness would be an issue. Maidana and Castillo (more so Castillo) are mich sharper punchers

Also, another factor would be the fact Margarito isn't good on the inside unlike those two (again more so Castillo)

You make good points for sure, Margarito wouldn't get white washed but I think Floyd wins especially if he can tie him up effectively which is likely.
              Even a floyd dominant win would be entertaining imo

Marg will just keep coming

Marg won't be lulled into low work rate, boxing exhibition like most are

Comment

• I am not of a fan of fantasy fights, but whatever the outcome, PBF-Margarito would have been a good fight to watch, too bad it didn't happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  Even a floyd dominant win would be entertaining imo

Marg will just keep coming

Marg won't be lulled into low work rate, boxing exhibition like most are
                  If Floyd decides to box/move/lay on the ropes then I agree

If he can successfully tie him up then he can cut his work rate down but 2006 Floyd is more likely to box

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                    is that all you saw? that I pointed out margarito put some hurt on cotto and beat him...goddam....

win or lose, that dude dealt out some punishment...cotto, pac, shane, they are all far more aggressive than Floyd...hell even Williams is more aggressive...I just wanted to see how Floyd with his style would do it...

you cats are so fu**in sensitive man...I think you are just straight up some moist dudes on the low...
                    lol you don't get the difference between sensitive and frustrated lol .

You claimed Margo has a big win over Cotto its null and void because he cheated allowing it to happen Cotto also boxed his ears off in that but could not handle the plaster round after round and then rematches him and schooled him with straight up movement and boxing, Floyd also out boxed Cotto.

Manny wasn't aggressive he boxed and won easy off the back foot and Floyd is a lot better boxer than Manny and Floyd has a better chin and is bigger, and Pac has been koed by a guy Floyd schooled.

Santos boxed and won easy.

Mosley out boxed him and knocked him out and then Floyd beat Mosley next fight.

Nothing you say explains how lesser quality boxers can out box Margarito but Floyd cant it makes no sense you have nothing but innuendo that does not add up.

I guarantee all the guys saying Floyd loses would not bet against Floyd with an amount that will cost them, they all talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      you will take a past prime part time fighter over a wrecking ball who was #1 in his division simply because of the weight? oscar is not even the type of fighter that bullies opponents and uses weight to his advantage. marg is. a 147 pound margarito is a lot more physical than a 154 pound oscar. and this is all meaningless because floyd himself knew marg was more dangerous as he refused the figth multiple times and he never refused the oscar fight
                      Had margo moved up n fought ODLH in 2007 instead of fighting Williams he'd have had a well whipped azz....he was a better fighter n Most likely would've stopped Margo... Hell a 37 year old mosley kicked his azz

Comment

Working...
                      X