Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Is Breazeale a worthy opponent for Wilder, or a cherry pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's better than Ruiz and Schwarz but that isn't saying much.

Comment

20-1 with 18KO's, and the lone loss came to Wilder's rival who's the #1 ranked HW.

If we're going to dismiss fighters with a stoppage loss or two then we'll have to go back in time and redefine what are good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
        I think neither honestly he was Wilder mandatory so he had to fight him really.
        This. The WBC are to blame for this fight. I will never understand why Dillian Whyte still hasn't had his shot at Wilder. He really deserves it.

Comment

His a mandatory, so no problems. You have to deal with your mandatory challengers to hold the belt. If the mandatory isn't deemed as being good enough, that is a sanctioning body issue, not something you can lay at the feet of the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
            Was it a cherry pick for Joshua as well?
            NO...it only works one way. In fact, Breazeale has significantly improved post the AJ fight. And now with a new trainer, it is possible he has improved even further since his last fight.

Comment

he's a top ten guy and a mandatory.

It's not the fight I wan to see, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                WTF? How can a mando be a cherry pick?
                It depends on who picks the mando and why. WBC have historically been very, very kind to Wilder.

I reckon it's a decent fight though.

Comment

Breazeale looked like absolute crap in his last fight. Is he always that slow and lethargic???!

Seems like a bit of a cherry pick, but at least Breazeale has a bit of a name and maybe some toughness....But he's going to be so easy to hit cleanly. This seems like a very easy win for Wilder ..unless he breaks his hand, dislocates his shoulder or has a heart attack. Nice of Wilder to be paying the expense for Breazeale's funeral though....Very heart-warming story line to this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                    A lot of people hate on Wilder, some are his fanboys, but all in all, from a neutral perspective, is Breazeale a worthy opponent or a cherry pick?

In my opinion, I think Wilder fought some very good adversaries in Ortiz and Fury, and Breazeale is another worthy opponent, considering Wilder wanted a Fury rematch but that fell through.

So what do y'all think?
                    I'm with you, cuz

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      Actually he is; Which is the reason why Dillian Whyte is so pissed and angry at Dominc Breazeale. While Whyte is the number 1 contender; They made Dominic Breazeale the mandatory challenger for competing in and winning a Final elimination bout against Eric Molina on the undercard of Wilder/Ortiz; Which is something that Dillian Whyte constantly avoids. He doesn't do Final eliminators.
                      Exactly thats why I can't stand "Dildo Shyte" he has the most entitled diva attitude without having done anything to remotely justify it on his resume. Him beating parker is legit the most hes done in his entire career & he barely survived that one,yet he acts like hes too big for eliminators. All he needs to do is fight who they tell him to once & he would've been mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                      X