No announcement yet.

‘Disrespected’ Stipe Miocic feels UFC wants Francis Ngannou to beat him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Stipe is the most likeable champion we have at the moment.

He's blue collar and a bad ass.

We live in the Conor McGregor era, so guys like Stipe don't just sell automatically unless he makes fun of Ngannou's bleached hair or throws a water bottle at him.

But if Stipe keeps winning by brutal KO, then more people (casuals) will start paying attention. He is a heavyweight after all. It's just hard for anyone to stay on top at heavyweight, very tough getting hit with HW hands and 4 oz gloves.
    Whose that douche in your avatar? I'm sure your former avatar, Iron Sheik would gladly humble him.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Whose that douche in your avatar? I'm sure your former avatar, Iron Sheik would gladly humble him.
      I don't know lol. I just googled "gay w.igger" and that was one of the first images that popped up.

I tried to tell people in the lounge that's my real pic, no one believed me.

I'll bring back my Iron Shiek avy someday. Make all these other posters humble.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I'd be surprised if he didn't think that. I think the UFC has done that numerous times. Look no further then the Amanda Nunes vs Ronda Rousey fight which is the best example of the UFC playing favorites. You'd have hardly known Nunes was fighting Ronda or fighting at all that night with how they pushed that fight. Rightly or wrongly thats what they do sometimes & like many others they see potential dollar signs with Ngannou in the future & are acting accordingly.
        Originally posted by german12johnson View Post
        The UFC needs stars they feel a guy like nganou knocking people out with one punch has crossover appeal miocic doesn't appear to be a big enough star for them
        Yeah pretty much these. It's what they do. They go with whatevers hot and whatever will sell the most is the angle they go. Which is a shame because Nunes and Stipe finish fights. Same with Robbe Lawler he was the most exciting WW champ of all time and his PPV with Condit did horrible numbers.

Stipe has potential but they just seem to want to him lose. He's been solid though so you really can't count him out. I think he's a more versatile striker but Francis has that Rumble death punch. Should be exciting while it lasts.

Comment

he seems more promotable than stipe

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            Stipe is the most likeable champion we have at the moment.

He's blue collar and a bad ass.

We live in the Conor McGregor era, so guys like Stipe don't just sell automatically unless he makes fun of Ngannou's bleached hair or throws a water bottle at him.

But if Stipe keeps winning by brutal KO, then more people (casuals) will start paying attention. He is a heavyweight after all. It's just hard for anyone to stay on top at heavyweight, very tough getting hit with HW hands and 4 oz gloves.
            Rightfully said. But the man who's got the most powerful punch in UFC, I think Ngannou would surely give stipe a hard time. Here's a prediction made by Cormier about the fight which I quite agree with. Nonetheless, UFC 220, is going to be epic.

Comment

Even joe Rogan, if you follow his podcast like I do, and this is after Joe had Stipe on the show lol

Comment

So is Stipe getting knocked the **** out or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  So is Stipe getting knocked the **** out or what?
                  That's the million dollar question.

IF you feel like Ngannou is unproven or over-hyped etc, then this is the perfect time to make a buck or two. You get great odds on Stipe right now.

I've personally gone for Stipe.

Francis is obviously a dangerous guy, but the hype and push he is getting whether that's through media or corporate sponsors, is extremely high when you compare that to what he has achieved and who he has fought. Understandable in the sense that they are looking for new stars and characters to push, especially in new markets like France or Africa. He's only really fought 2 top 10/15 guys and both of them whilst dangerous on their night, are punch drunk and have been KO'd around 30 times between them in varying martial arts.

If stipe can navigate away from a big shot in the first 6 or 7 minutes, then i feel Francis will tire out. He's only ever gone 10 minutes twice and didn't look great after 7 minutes.
                  He is 265 and possibly cuts a little to get under that limit. That's a huge amount of weight to fight 5 rounds.

Assuming Stipe doesn't get blasted in a single round i feel like we will look back on this fight in a year or two when Stipe Vs Cain and we will see that Francis is way too green and 1 dimensional. Take away that pop as he gets tired and he doesn't have much else to beat the top guys.

Comment

Originally posted by WiganScott View Post
                    If stipe can navigate away from a big shot in the first 6 or 7 minutes, then i feel Francis will tire out. He's only ever gone 10 minutes twice and didn't look great after 7 minutes.
                    He is 265 and possibly cuts a little to get under that limit. That's a huge amount of weight to fight 5 rounds.

Assuming Stipe doesn't get blasted in a single round i feel like we will look back on this fight in a year or two when Stipe Vs Cain and we will see that Francis is way too green and 1 dimensional. Take away that pop as he gets tired and he doesn't have much else to beat the top guys.
                    I agree thats how Stipe needs to fight to win this one. I do think people are underrating Francis 2nd tier offense doe. People keep acting like all he can do is KO you in the 1st & if you sidestep that he's gonna fall apart. That Blaydes fight is a couple years old & all he's had to do is KO guys in the first more or less.

Guys haven't tested him past that first round all that much. Who knows what he's got after that these days. Thats why I'm leaning heavily Francis' way, but yea these are HW's so anyone can KO anyone at the end of the day & if this fight goes deeper the logic would seen to suggest Stipe's odds get better.

Excited for this one whatever happens.

And I'm more excited for the co-main then most I believe. Cormier is coming off a nice KO L & Oezdemir has shocked me enough with his wins that I won't be shocked at anything he's doing from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Excited for this one whatever happens.

And I'm more excited for the co-main then most I believe. Cormier is coming off a nice KO L & Oezdemir has shocked me enough with his wins that I won't be shocked at anything he's doing from now on.

I fancy both champions in the main and co-main however they are both intriguing fights as you say. Both challengers possess 1 punch knock out power, we know that can change a fight in an instance.

I'm a lot more confident in picking DC to win than i am Stipe to win though.

As you say Francis isn't 1 dimensional, so has more potential weapons to grind down Stipe. I just think when he starts to get tired his only chance is to lay and pray if the fight hits the 4th and 5th.
                      As for ozdemir i think outside of the KO punch, i can't see him winning. He hasn't displayed a great kicking game and has literally no chance in the clinch/wrestling aspect of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X