No announcement yet.

alvarez did what ward couldn't

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    I feel fantastic. You on the other hand are still crying because Kov got that work, and was practically begging the ref to save him.
    I congratulated Alvarez I consider him more black than Ward

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      I congratulated Alvarez I consider him more black than Ward
      Congrats??

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
        ward lost the first fight to kovalev and the second one ended in a lot of controversy! alvarez straight up knocked him out no pre mature stoppage or anything like that. ward never beat kovalev cleanly. alvarez should be in the discussion for top ten p4p. Thoughts?
        You’re ******ed is my 1st thought. My 2nd thought is Ward imo lost the 1st fight but won the 2nd. My 3rd thought is Alvarez beating kov by ko doesn’t make him better than Ward it’s makes both him and Ward better than kov since they both won by ko/tko.

My last thought is it’s great that kov losing bothers you so much.

Comment

Styles make fights

Andre Wards win over Kovalev was better than Alvarez's (fresher Sergio). Was also Andre's second weight class

That said I'm happy to "move on" with fresh LHW blood although Ward Alvarez could be fun too

Comment

Andre Ward is one of the most overrated, protected boxers in recent history.

Comment

Yeah, it's an impressive win. I was never fully sold on him before, he looked a solid boxer but nothing special. Vs Kov though his jab, timing, finishing were all very good. I hope we see the top 175ers match up next, he's already 34 but maybe he can be like Hopkins and get his best run of wins at a similar age.

Comment

Ward's win was more impressive cos he was facing the indestructible monster named Krusher when he fought him. More impressive was the fact that Ward is the smaller man who was never a puncher and ended the fight with a knockout. I agree Kovalev edged the first fight but the second fight with the late action in that fight, Ward already had Kov discouraged and looking for a way out prior to the low blow especially with that full body right hand. I dont condone the low blow but that was not the decider. This version beaten the other night, one could argue is not that same indestructible bully that Ward tame. Alvarez KO was impressive but he is a full fledged LHW facing perhaps a lesser version of that monster version of Kov from years past.

Comment

No doubt, the Alvarez win was definitive and leaves no room to debate a decision or ref stoppage.

Comment

--- Alvarez ain't no fatted hometown mama's boy as Ward proved through his gerrymandered career.

Unexpexpected new King on the throne, but can this poor Columbian boy handle the now abundant wine, women, and song that comes with such momentous success?

Stay tuned for the next episode of How the Boxing World Turns...

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                      Had nothing to do with Ward at all. It was about Alvarez being good enough to beat Kovalev and maybe Ward too.
                      I am curious to hear more about Alvarez and his injured hand. Is it possible that he is a much better boxer because of it? Learning to fight well enough to win without the power he seems to have now regained.
                      Yes. Kovalev never faced anyone like Alvarez. I thought K beat Ward the first fight and was going to lose the second fight. Yeah the stoppage was bad IMO but Ward was going to win whatever the outcome. By the end of fight two I thought Ward proved the better fighter. I had no interest in another fight.

As for Alvarez he popped K’s head back consistently. He took K’s best shots without being fazed, fought back and said bring it. Once he turned it up he took K out.

The K Alvarez faced wasn’t much different than the guy Ward faced. He was just facing a guy in Alvarez who was a bad matchup.
                      Last edited by Diego Rodriguez; 08-06-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X