It's da system
    Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Always tryin to keep us down yo.

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    We eatin'
    We dindu nuffin fam.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Sorry I don't see your point. The people that have been living in the US for multiple generations regardless of ethnic origin used to be ranked at the very top for education. Something has changed and it isn't immigration. The US historically has had high immigration the same as Canada.
      Country was over 90% White at its peak, and as the country got more "diverse" and less white, everything has slowly gone downhill like schools

You can't even compare Canada to US in terms of immigration and they are nowhere close.. Chicago n LA has more nonwhites than all of Canada.

Comment

I usually find this posted at other forums I frequent and it has some harsh truth to it, imo.

The black/white experiment has failed.

For almost 150 years the United States has been conducting an experiment. The subjects of the experiment: black people and working-class whites. The hypothesis to be tested: Can a people taken from the jungles of Africa and forced into slavery be fully integrated as citizens in a majority white population?

The whites were descendants of Europeans who had created a majestic civilization. The former slaves had been tribal peoples with no written language and virtually no intellectual achievements. Acting on a policy that was not fair to either group, the government released newly freed black people into a white society that saw them as inferiors. America has struggled with racial discord ever since.

Decade after decade the problems persisted but the experimenters never gave up. They insisted that if they could find the right formula the experiment would work, and concocted program after program to get the result they wanted. They created the Freedman’s Bureau, passed civil rights laws, tried to build the Great Society, declared War on Poverty, ordered race preferences, built housing projects, and tried midnight basketball. Their new laws intruded into people’s lives in ways that would have been otherwise unthinkable. They called in National Guard troops to enforce school integration. They outlawed freedom of association. Over the protests of parents, they put white children on buses and sent them to black schools and vice versa. They tried with money, special programs, relaxed standards, and endless handwringing to close the “achievement gap.” To keep white backlash in check they began punishing public and even private statements on race. They hung up Orwellian public banners that commanded whites to “Celebrate Diversity!” and “Say No To Racism.” Nothing was off limits if it might salvage the experiment.

Some thought that what W.E.B. Du Bois called the Talented Tenth would lead the way for black people. A group of elite, educated blacks would knock down doors of opportunity and show the world what blacks were capable of. There is a Talented Tenth. They are the black Americans who have become entrepreneurs, lawyers, doctors and scientists. But ten percent is not enough. For the experiment to work, the ten percent has to be followed by a critical mass of people who can hold middle-class jobs and promote social stability. That is what is missing. Through the years, too many black people continue to show an inability to function and prosper in a culture unsuited to them.

Detroit is bankrupt, the south side of Chicago is a war zone, and majority-black cities all over America are beset by degeneracy and violence. And blacks never take responsibility for their failures. Instead, they lash out in anger and resentment. Across the generations and across the country, as we have seen in Detroit, Watts, Newark, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, and now Ferguson, rioting and looting are just one racial incident away.

The white elite would tell us that this doesn’t mean the experiment has failed. We just have to try harder. We need more money, more time, more understanding, more programs, more opportunities. But nothing changes no matter how much money is spent, no matter how many laws are passed, no matter how many black geniuses are portrayed on TV, and no matter who is president.

Some argue it’s a problem of “culture,” as if culture creates people’s behavior instead of the other way around. Others blame “white privilege.” But since 1965, when the elites opened America’s doors to the Third World, immigrants from Asia and India–people who are not white, not rich, and not “connected”–have quietly succeeded. While the children of these people are winning spelling bees and getting top scores on the SAT, black “youths” are committing half the country’s violent crime–crime, which includes viciously punching random white people on the street for the thrill of it, that has nothing to do with poverty.

The experiment has failed. Not because of culture, or white privilege, or racism. The fundamental problem is that white people and black people are different. They differ intellectually and temperamentally. These differences result in permanent social incompatibility.

Our rulers don’t seem to understand just how tired their white subjects are with this experiment. They don’t understand that white people aren’t out to get black people; they are just exhausted with them. They are exhausted by the social pathologies, the violence, the endless complaints, the blind racial solidarity, the bottomless pit of grievances, the excuses, the reflexive animosity. The elites explain everything with “racism,” and refuse to believe that white frustration could soon reach the boiling point.

They will be the only ones who are surprised when real revolution comes to the United States, and that it is white people who lead the revolt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bygeorge View Post
          But nothing changes no matter how much money is spent, no matter how many laws are passed, no matter how many black geniuses are portrayed on TV, and no matter who is president.
          The Black-White and Hispanic-White achievement gaps on state standardized testing has shrunk by 30-40% when comparing 2012 to the 1970s. It is worth noting that all groups are improving in this regard, and even still the gap is shorter.

One thing I found interesting from the graphs on this page, the average 9 year old Black and Hispanic students in 2012 performed on average on level with or better than the average White student of the mid to late 1980s on standardized math tests (but a gap still exists because White students of 2012 are performing quite a bit better than the average White student of the mid to late 1980s).

Also, state racial achievement gaps are strongly correlated with socioeconomic disparities in those states. AKA, if you are given knowledge of how far apart Whites are from Blacks and Hispanics economically in a given state, you can reliably estimate (to within tenths of standard deviation) how far apart they are in terms of performance on standardized exams in that state.

http://cepa.stanford.edu/educational...ent-gaps/race/

Saying that racism has had nothing to do with it is shortsighted when you consider how recently in history people were comfortable with openly discriminating against people of color. Just a few decades ago it was routine to deny employment, business loans, college admission etc to people based on their skin color and to suggest that this had no effect on the people who were denied on that basis and the children they raised is at best a little ignorant and at worst intentionally removing relevant context from the discussion in order to discuss only what supports your argument.

The point I mention this is not to make anyone feel guilty about history they took no part in, as other liberals feel the need to do for some reason, but rather just to contextualize the present by discussing the relevant history that has lead to it.

Also, something bothers me about the approach of that post. Because, even if you believe that it is not the case that all Black people could integrate into a society with all White people, why is it that the issue is with all Black people and not just those that you feel are 'problematic'? I hear a lot from conservatives about how we should see Black people, as a whole, to be a problem because of things like higher per capita crime rate etc. But why isn't the issue with the subset of Black people who are responsible for that higher crime rate? In other words, shouldn't it be the case that Black people who will never commit a crime in their life are viewed in the same light as White people who don't commit crime and also that White people who commit crime are just as much a problem to society as a whole as Black people who commit crime? And if so, isn't the issue then about criminals vs non-criminals rather than Black vs White? (And so on for whatever other social issues)

I guess I just don't see a reason to be 'exhausted' by the entire group of people if it isn't the entire group of people (or even most of them) that are an issue. It feels almost silly to even assess each group as a whole when the people within each group are so different from each other.
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 08-20-2017, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Racism, lack of opportunities, besides stars and athletes, people don't see other paths away from poverty. Dope dealing?

Comment

There are untold amounts of studies on the subject. At the end of the day blacks lack political clout in this country. Without sufficient power to act as a deterrent against those perpetuating systemic racism nothing will change. Why do you think Martin Luther King and Malcolm x were assasinated? It's because they were dangerous negroes that could organize the whole African American community and even those outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                We dindu nuffin fam.
                Just stay up, playa. We ain't kangs no more, but we still pimpin'.

Comment

Somewhat off topic, I sure wonder if this white guy during the Baltimore Riots is still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    The Black-White and Hispanic-White achievement gaps on state standardized testing has shrunk by 30-40% when comparing 2012 to the 1970s. It is worth noting that all groups are improving in this regard, and even still the gap is shorter.

One thing I found interesting from the graphs on this page, the average 9 year old Black and Hispanic students in 2012 performed on average on level with or better than the average White student of the mid to late 1980s on standardized math tests (but a gap still exists because White students of 2012 are performing quite a bit better than the average White student of the mid to late 1980s).

Also, state racial achievement gaps are strongly correlated with socioeconomic disparities in those states. AKA, if you are given knowledge of how far apart Whites are from Blacks and Hispanics economically in a given state, you can reliably estimate (to within tenths of standard deviation) how far apart they are in terms of performance on standardized exams in that state.

http://cepa.stanford.edu/educational...ent-gaps/race/

Saying that racism has had nothing to do with it is shortsighted when you consider how recently in history people were comfortable with openly discriminating against people of color. Just a few decades ago it was routine to deny employment, business loans, college admission etc to people based on their skin color and to suggest that this had no effect on the people who were denied on that basis and the children they raised is at best a little ignorant and at worst intentionally removing relevant context from the discussion in order to discuss only what supports your argument.

The point I mention this is not to make anyone feel guilty about history they took no part in, as other liberals feel the need to do for some reason, but rather just to contextualize the present by discussing the relevant history that has lead to it.

Also, something bothers me about the approach of that post. Because, even if you believe that it is not the case that all Black people could integrate into a society with all White people, why is it that the issue is with all Black people and not just those that you feel are 'problematic'? I hear a lot from conservatives about how we should see Black people, as a whole, to be a problem because of things like higher per capita crime rate etc. But why isn't the issue with the subset of Black people who are responsible for that higher crime rate? In other words, shouldn't it be the case that Black people who will never commit a crime in their life are viewed in the same light as White people who don't commit crime and also that White people who commit crime are just as much a problem to society as a whole as Black people who commit crime? And if so, isn't the issue then about criminals vs non-criminals rather than Black vs White? (And so on for whatever other social issues)

I guess I just don't see a reason to be 'exhausted' by the entire group of people if it isn't the entire group of people (or even most of them) that are an issue. It feels almost silly to even assess each group as a whole when the people within each group are so different from each other.
                    Well said and very thoughtful.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      Yeah I know exactly what sort of white people wrote those books, the same type that made Fahrenheit 9/11 and Where to Invade Next.

Why does it have to be at the very least? I openly admit that there have been numerous times throughout our prison history that folks were wrongfully convicted, but lets not pretend that its the norm, its not, less than .01%.

No, I also don't dispute this, certain minority groups do get longer or harsher sentences, and some of that might be due to skin color, a bigger reason would probably be financial. Lawyers cost money and poor folk can't afford them, so the system definitely favors imprisoning the impoverished. Now with that said, and everything considered, its absolutely undeniable that there is a much higher crime rate among the minority populations which directly translates to a much higher prison population. You don't have to look outside of the Chicago, Newark, St. Louis, or Baltimore to see this as true. I don't want you to think for a second that I believe black people or other minority groups are inherently evil or more crime ridden, I think its definitely due to poverty, culture, and one parent homes that contributes to all of this mess. But whatever the reason is, lets acknowledge the reality.

No, not a blind eye, there is a semblance of truth to a lot of things you mentioned, and I acknowledged most of it. I just know that a police officer will not arrest you, black, white, or yellow if you aren't doing anything wrong. It might happen in very very rare instances, but as a general norm you will not get put in cuffs if you aren't breaking the law, it boils down to being that simple.
                      Oh! It's good thing you caught yourself because I was very disappointed in your post before this.

Comment

Working...
                      X