Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running in the Heat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of these guys don't know what they're talking about.

Running in the heat will cause you to lose more weight cause of the extra sweat you are doing. Just make sure you drink a little water so you don't fall out and you'll be fine.

I do it all the time.

Comment

^^Yeah, and then once you drink water you'll gain the weight back.

Losing water weight is not the same as losing fat.

Comment

I'd say the more you sweat the more calories you burn so the intensity of the heat has got to skyrocket fat burning as well .It's intensity that burns fat fastest .The more intense the training the more you sweat whether it's 10 miles run in the winter or 5 in the summer .
        Last edited by alza1988; 07-06-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          ^^Yeah, and then once you drink water you'll gain the weight back.

Losing water weight is not the same as losing fat.
          i will admit this has been happening to me

Comment

I wouldn't run too long a distance during a scorching hot day. Every year, it seems like we hear of story where a football player collapses and dies due to heat exhaustion.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
              Some of these guys don't know what they're talking about.

Running in the heat will cause you to lose more weight cause of the extra sweat you are doing. Just make sure you drink a little water so you don't fall out and you'll be fine.

I do it all the time.
              same here.

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
                same here.
                Me too, i switch it up, sometimes in the am, sometimes around 2-3. People telling you not to do it, most likely dont do it cuz its hard, waaaay harder. Just make sure to run for the same length of time.. The differences in distance can be extreme, but you're pushing your body hard running outside durning the day.

I ran on a treadmill for am hr today and it was a piece of cake, much easier than months ago now that ive been consistsntly running outside... Just make sure you dont fuk up ur body amd stay hydrated...

Anything that's more strenuous will kake you tougher. Like working out outside compared to a nice comfy gym..its laughable if you think its not.

Now if differejt pros run in different places, ok whatever, these guys are pros. Amd there's a million other ways to compensate.

My friend does ironmans. You think he'd rather do one in the fall in new york, or the summer in miami?????

Comment

Okay, so how do you efficiently burn fat by running instead of losing water weight?

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
                    Okay, so how do you efficiently burn fat by running instead of losing water weight?
                    Apparently one can only not burn water weight if they run in comfortable temperatures...

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      Apparently one can only not burn water weight if they run in comfortable temperatures...
                      Not sure what anyone else thinks, but the part I was disagreeing with is when he said "you will lose more weight because you will sweat more".

Whether it's boiling hot or freezing cold, any water someone's body loses from sweating will just be replaced next time they drink water.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't run in the heat, just that if they sweat buckets and then weigh themselves and see that they've lost weight, most of it isn't going to be fat.

Comment

Working...
                      X