Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a fan of Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the **** that gets flung around here is Elroyesque in its absurdity. There are debates about the amount of Blackness in Andre Ward... Then ideas that suggest that Ward only achieved because he fought in Oakland...a city a hop skip and jump from Las Vegas, not exactly New Zealand lol. Or that Ward is a dirty fighter...anyone call Holyfield a dirty fighter? he leads with his head a lot more than Ward.

And the guy is a Diva because he tries to negotiate the best fights he can, and this contention persists despite Ward never ducking an opponent...who pretends to know he won't rematch Kovalev? Based on social media sites is proof of this?

Freedom your a jackarse. Nobody should have to like Andre... but there is so much baloney. Btw Ward might well identify with being Black, but he is mixed and there are tons of kids brought up as such in the Bay Area some of whom are white, and some of whom are black...

The guy is a talented fighter and he has not avoided meaningful fights. he fights tough inside, that really chafes a lot of folks. Freedom can't accept it apparently.

Comment

I'm not a "fan", but I don't dislike him either. He's just another fighter in the mix out there as far as my personal interest goes, despite him being a special talent. I've rooted for him before and might very well do it again depending on his opponent.

Not voting in the poll because it's an obvious tunney troll thread. I still have hope he'll change one day.

Comment

Klitschko fans can't stand clinching!

Comment

I don't like him in the slightest, horrible personality (people are seemingly only noticing now though) and not the most exciting. But I respect that he's a super-intelligent boxer.

Comment

I'm a fan of Ward, but I don't like how he's been acting since the Kovalev fight.

Kovalev was upset with the decision which is understandable, but Ward barely won by one point and he's acting like Kovalev didn't give him a tough fight and Ward could have lost that one.

He also doesn't seem interested in a rematch, saying things like, "rematch with Kovalev has to make sense first." He has no choice due to the rematch clause, he just doesn't seem very keen on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
              Klitschko fans can't stand clinching!
              Post of the week!!

Comment

Nah not a fan, he's obviously a very good fighter but he's not my cup of tea. He's effective but stylistically I don't find him entertaining and his comments lately has shown him to be quite arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  certainly wouldnt class myself as a fan of his
                  or as an intelligent boxing fan, ball gagging cheerleader is more you're thing.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                    Nah not a fan, he's obviously a very good fighter but he's not my cup of tea. He's effective but stylistically I don't find him entertaining and his comments lately has shown him to be quite arrogant.
                    This. I don't mind him as a fighter (although I do believe he is somehow overrated). He is not that easy on an eye, but it's a subjective thing. His style is effective.

What puts me off is his behaviour outside of a ring. Especially lately, his demeanour was

Comment

I'm a fan of Ward because he's a great fighter who is also a good ambassador for Boxing. Don't think he should have won with Kovalev and don't agree with some of his comments lately, but I think he deserves more respect by some people.He'll have the opportunity to prove himself more, so we'll see what he does.

Comment

Working...
                      X