You guys didn't believe me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    Why are you playing up cotto?? He hasn’t had a legit W since 2007
    Nobody is playing up anything stop hating an actually read what I said...And FYI wins against Margarito and Martinez arent legit now?

Not one person has called Sadam Ali the GOAT after this win but it is still a very good win regardless of what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
      Why are people playing down Ali's victory? He was the heavy underdog in this fight even against an old Cotto and this was being referred to as a cherry pick fight for Cotto.

Ali goes in there, rocks Cotto multiple times and clearly beats him. All of a sudden Cotto is ancient and injured (we dont know when he actually he sustained the injury).
      Absolutely spot on. I personally thought Cotto would beat him too.

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      Why are you playing up cotto?? He hasn’t had a legit W since 2007
      Let's not act like Cotto wasnt the huge favourite going into this. Let's not act like this fight was not being labeled a cherry pick.

Sadam Ali didnt just win, he rocked cotto multiple times and physically dominated him, while being the one moving up in weight. Don't get me wrong, I think Cotto is shot but Ali deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

Comment

Nobody is playing up anything stop hating an actually read what I said...And FYI wins against Margarito and Martinez arent legit now?

Not one person has called Sadam Ali the GOAT after this win but it is still a very good win regardless of what you think.
        Martinez was a credible win ?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Absolutely spot on. I personally thought Cotto would beat him too.

Let's not act like Cotto wasnt the huge favourite going into this. Let's not act like this fight was not being labeled a cherry pick.

Sadam Ali didnt just win, he rocked cotto multiple times and physically dominated him, while being the one moving up in weight. Don't get me wrong, I think Cotto is shot but Ali deserves a lot more credit than he gets.
          Precisely, Ali surprised a lot of people (myself included)

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
            Martinez was a credible win ?
            He said legit not credible, it was a legit win because Martinez was considered a big name and an interesting match up. Cotto came in prepared and looked very sharp.

Though I agree with the point you are making, while Cotto won and looked sharp, Martinez was clearly not a fit state to be fighting clearly. I had heard about him being injured prior to the fight happening but it wasnt until the actual fight that we got to see the full extent of his injuries.

Comment

"The midget Bush and that Rumsfield deserve only to be beaten with shoes by freedom loving people everywhere." - Iraqi Information Minister

Comment

He said legit not credible, it was a legit win because Martinez was considered a big name and an interesting match up. Cotto came in prepared and looked very sharp.

Though I agree with the point you are making, while Cotto won and looked sharp, Martinez was clearly not a fit state to be fighting clearly. I had heard about him being injured prior to the fight happening but it wasnt until the actual fight that we got to see the full extent of his injuries.
                I fail to see the legitimacy of a victory over a guy who comes into the ring immobilised by the evident and clear strapping to both his knees, an issue made even clearer when he was exposed was it 13 months earlier by Martin Murray. Hell next I’ll be being told draining Daniel Geale down to a weight he had not fought at in 8 years in and at the time in his mid thirties, as a legitimate win.

Comment

Working...
                X