Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hooker Praises Ref: Two Fighters Died, I Didn't Want To Be Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Yes, indeed; He is an all around classy dude. I say, if he can still make 140 comfortably then fine. However, if he is having trouble making weight then 147 might be the perfect fit for him but no one knows their body better than the 'Mighty Mo'. So ultimately it's his call.
    I just think he gets crushed at 147
    His power seems limited at 140

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      He is a good dude, that's why I'm a fan despite the fact that he blows hot and cold as a boxer. I never thought he was the best in the division, but I like that he's a good guy and is willing to travel to his opponents back yard (I started really following after he came to Manchester and beat Flanagan).

And yeah. a move to 147 wouldn't work out well for Mo I think...
      We all know what the saying is : good guys finish last
      Let’s see if he can rebound from this loss

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaDog View Post
        The way his head snapped back reminded me of the Adonis KO that put him in coma.
        I thought the same.

Comment

Then go into another field Hooker!!

Comment

I think what he said alone

Probably requires him to seek out other opportunities outside of boxing because if your heart isn’t in it you should do something where you can’t die. This sport everything is on the line!

Comment

I agree with Hooker. I don’t understand why some people are criticizing the stoppage saying it was early. It LOOKS early in slow-mo but watching it real time the fight action was so fast that the ref stepped on in seconds. It was as good a stoppage as it could be. Good stuff from the ref although he did a terrible work in the Pacquiao Horn fight.

Comment

Time for Hooker to hang em up

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  That's very gracious of Hooker. He is a good man and a very good sport. Personally, I would like to see him move up to the 147 lbs division.
                  I Agree, people don't realize that the weight cut is one of the biggest dangers when it comes to brain injuries. Loosing to much water causes the brain to shrink and that leads to the brain bouncing inside the skull. He'll need to fight smarter at 147, tighten those punches a little bit, use a stiff jab and control the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
                    I felt tha the referee allowed Hooker to take a few huge unnecessary punches.
                    it just happened so fast.. i cant believe some say it was stopped too early.. hooker was defenseless so ramirez could have easily landed three more huge shots... is that what people wanted? ref stopped it before that even happened

Comment

The man has nine kids to support and look after so the referee did the right thing. His comments reflects a level of maturity and growth which is rarely seen in fighters these days.

Most fighters are taught to be soldiers in the ring and are conditioned to be selfish in risking their lives. However, Mighty Mo isn't one of them. He realizes that it is not all about him.

It's what's good for his family. He is putting the needs of his children and loved ones ahead of his own. He knows that if he gets hurt or mortally wounded in the ring then he wouldn't be able to provide for his family.

In addition, he would be doing more harm to them than himself. May God bless him for his wisdom and insight!

Comment

Working...
                      X