No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares Drops, Dominates Anthony Crolla To Repeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    You are just rewriting history at this point man. Lomachenko started to hold early in the fight and he initiated most clinches because he wanted to, not as a form of retaliation. Cole even gave him two warnings in round 3 but never deducted a point. Watch this round and tell me what you see. Loma doesn't usually hold, when he has his way, but that night he had to because he lacked the pro experience to handle Salido on the inside.

We are basically arguing which came first: the chicken of the egg, so watch the fight again when you have the time, don't miss the first rounds and we may finish this conversation later.
    Pre-fight; Salido doesn't attempt to make weight, enters the ring as a welterweight.

Round 1; 1:52 - low blow, :20 - low blow

Round 2: 1:35 - low blow, 1:33 - low blow, 1:02 - low blow, :23 - low blow, :04 - low blow

The low blows came first, they started from the opening round.

Comment

• Linares looked excepional against Crolla, a formidal combination of athleticism, talent and technique. Linares vs Mikey Garcia will be a hell of a fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
        It's clear that Crolla was outclassed. And yeah, he should've got up in Linares' face more. As far as I can see, though, Crolla tried his best, and that's what heart means. Giving it your best shot, even when you know you can't win

Crolla is very limited, yes. Mediocre at best... Nowhere near Linares' level, and with a **** trainer too. But I think you're confusing ability with effort. He wasn't able to do the things you ask of him, because of the levels between him and Linares, but he was still there trying even when it was evidently futile. Just 'cos Crolla didn't wade in face first doesn't make him a coward

I presume being taken out on a stretcher is the only to show heart, in your book?? If so, you're a ****ing moron. Just yesterday, here in the UK, there is a 17yr old boxer dead from an amateur fight. This is the truth of the game. There is no need for boxers to take unnecessary beatings.

Crolla was beat and he knew it, he found his level, I don't need to see him KO'd to know he tried his best. Your way of thinking, if I have understood you right, is out-of-place and does not belong in the modern game. Crolla doesn't have to take bombs to prove he has heart

All I'm hearing from you is, "Crolla was not able to compete on Linares level, so therefore he has no heart". You utter mong

If this is all some sort of trolling, well done- you have reached a new level of mastery. For Crolla to get to where he is whilst being such a crap fighter should be proof enough of his heart. 10/10 for effort in my book; let down badly by his lack of finesse and talent
        You mad.

My way of thinking Is the reason why a lot of mexicans fighters that were inferiors to their rival got upsets vs superior fighters.

For example:

De Marco vs Linares.

Crolla is mediocre in all senses, his effort was too normal, mediocre attitude to never make changes trying to get the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          I most certainly considered him a cheat before the Lomachenkp fight.

The only guy that truly paid him back for his dirty tactics was Gamboa. Gamboa gladly returned rabbit punches, hit him back low, hit him again on the way down...that's something he should have seen a lot more of throughout the years.

The Lomachenko fight was simply a disgrace to boxing. To talk about Lomachenko clinching is to miss to forrest for the trees. The guy he was fighting didn't even try to make weight, came in the ring as a welter and was literally punching him in the balls every 35 seconds and headbutting him whenever he felt like it. If the ref refuses to stop blatant and intentional low blows, clinching is a way to minimize them.
          Stop crying man.

The same Loma said that Salido deserved the win and that he was a great warrior, period.

And you still here talking about disgraces, come on dude, go to play with dolls or something like that, boxing is for men.

Comment

• Linares has been looking like a beast lately. What a performance. Seriously, when that guy gets going and really starts letting his hands fly, it's a thing of beauty. Although, I do have to say, after reading an article about a potential fight with Mikey Garcia, I'm still a little worried. He's an offensive machine, but I'm still worried that he's a little... fragile. Maybe I'm being too harsh, and just holding onto the sights of Salgado, DeMarco, and Thompson dropping him.

Comment

• If he fights Mikey Garcia he will do it at a substantial weight disadvantage. Robert Garcia's M.O. for training fighters is to drain them down for weigh in and have them go up two or three weight classes on the night of the fight. Anyone see how big Garcia looked next to Paulie on Saturday night? He must walk around at 155 or better.

That said, Mikey doesn't always look so sharp against good boxers. He rolls through the journeymen, but if Linares fights smart he can last long enough to listen to the scorecards being read, likely in Mikey's favor.

Comment

Working...
              X