Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Gets Off The Floor To Knock Johnson Out in Four

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a cracking fight. Johnson did a lot better than I thought, gives himself a chance of another big fight next I think even though he lost?

Comment

I just checked Ward's resume and he doesn't have wins over Stevenson, Bivol, Beterbiev, Jack, Gvozdyk, Alvarez. Just his fans trying to give him victories he never got in the ring.
      Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

Not saying Ward couldn't beat these guys, but saying he would beat them doesn't really mean anything. He didn't fight them and he is retired now, so what is the point in bringing him up?
      The Light-Heavyweight division moves on.

Comment

I would favor Kovalev to beat Beterbiev but his stamina is shot to shit. Once the fight goes into the later rounds; Past the 7th he typically tends to fold. In addition, he is becoming somewhat chinny himself at the age of 35. I believe that china is cracked.

I would favor Ward, Bivol and Alvarez over him at this point. I think Stevenson is a 50/50 fight.

Comment

I still say that Beterbiev isn't anything special.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
            Ward is retired why are people still talking about him?
            Ward fans are going to give him credit for victories he never actually got. It reminds me of fans of other fighters that are always giving their favorite fighters credit for victories they never actually got in the ring, just pure speculation.
            Ward would need to earn the victories in the ring. You can't say, well Ward would beat Beterbiev, Stevenson, Bivol, Gvozdyk, Jack, etc. Coulda, woulda, shoulda at that point.

Beterbiev could KO Kovalev by the way. It's not like Kovalev doesn't get hit. All of these Light-Heavyweights are there to be hit. Alvarez, who doesn't punch anywhere near as hard as Beterbiev, stopped Kovalev.
            They're all open and they're all huge punchers, well most of them. That is why this division is great. It will be fun to watch.
            If Kovalev catches Artur first then he will win and vice versa. People need to stop acting like all the other top guys at Light-Heavyweight don't get hit.
            What makes Artur so dangerous is that he can generate power from short, middle, and long distance, whereas Kovalev and Stevenson need to extend their arms to generate full power.

Beterbiev needs to stay active.
            He could be ready to go for December if they really wanted to.

You're doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              You're doing the same thing.
              I said Beterbiev could KO Kovalev like Kovalev could KO Beterbiev. Which is a possibility. I saw people in the thread say that Kovalev would KO Beterbiev, so I just said Beterbiev could KO Kovalev. I'm not giving Beterbiev credit for a victory he never got.
              The nice thing is that Beterbiev-Kovalev can actually happen, so people won't just have to talk about how Kovalev would KO Beterbiev or vice versa.
              I said Beterbiev COULD KO Kovalev. Is that really giving a fighter credit for something he hasn't done?
              I'm not saying Beterbiev WOULD do this and that to Kovalev, Alvarez, Bivol, etc..
              That would make it seem like I'm saying Beterbiev would beat all these guys without actually fighting them.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                Dude Ward would control Beterbiev like a father playing with his son. Same with Bivol. You may call it boring boxing but he would humiliate him, like Floyd against Canelo.
                Brother , I wouldn’t lay money down on your prediction
                And sorry , but Ward is far from being anything close to Floyd
                It certainly wouldn’t be a pretty fight
                If Kovalev could get to Ward Im damn sure Beterbiev would also

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  Not questioning the end result, but I don't know why the ref didn't immediately deduct a point from Beterbiev for punching after the ref had clearly said STOP. Seems blatant and obvious. Once Johnson’s head went through the top and middle ropes during round 1, ref said STOP. That means f ing STOP.

Be that as it may, good win for Beterbiev vs a really tough opponent. I don't think it was close to a best performance, and I still give Bivol, Stevenson, Kovalev excellent chances to beat him. But all 3 of those fights will be excellent.

Originally posted by iNixus View Post
                  I think Beterbiev didnt think it was the ref he didnt step in when he said stop, around crowd anybody can say stop. Beterbiev held back when johnson head was in canvas, i dont think hes a dirty fighter
                  Never claimed he was a dirty fighter. I don't think that. But the ref DID say STOP plenty loud enough, so Beterbiev did get away with an obvious foul and 1 point deduction. Remember, that type foul is scored one point against the guilty party whether they meant to do it or not.

Comment

Quote:
                    Not questioning the end result, but I don't know why the ref didn't immediately deduct a point from Beterbiev for punching after the ref had clearly said STOP. Seems blatant and obvious. Once Johnson’s head went through the top and middle ropes during round 1, ref said STOP. That means f ing STOP.

Be that as it may, good win for Beterbiev vs a really tough opponent. I don't think it was close to a best performance, and I still give Bivol, Stevenson, Kovalev excellent chances to beat him. But all 3 of those fights will be excellent.

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    ref should have stepped forward and been more on top of it. whatever the fk he might have said it's his inaction that caused that.
                    He said STOP loud enough. Beterbiev made a mistake, and should've been deducted for it. Ref's fault he wasn't IMO.

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Pigeons View Post
                      Beterbiev was dropped by Jeff Page Jr earlier in his career.

Quote:
                      Exactly. But usually when I bring that up, someone comes back with some b.s. like it was a slip. It was a knockdown.

Originally posted by Shane1091 View Post
                      It seems like he killing himself making the weight maybe he should move up.
                      Yes, that could be true.

Comment

Working...
                      X