Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you score Marquez-Pacquaio I, II & III?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    No I don’t rely solely on punch stats, but Pac landed more effective punches in more rounds. I think he hurt Marquez more than Marquez hurt him. And I wasn’t even a fan of Manny until his fight with Oscar. I was a MAB fan back then. MAB and RJJ.
    I'd say after round 1 of fight 1 Marquez hurt Pacquaio like twice without getting hurt again in return.

Fight II I think Pacquaio hurt Marquez twice (round 3 & 10) and Marquez hurt Pacquaio twice (round 2 & 8).

Fight III neither got hurt per se but Pacquaio got stunned on about two occasions. Marquez not even a flinch.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      I'd say after round 1 of fight 1 Marquez hurt Pacquaio like twice without getting hurt again in return.

Fight II I think Pacquaio hurt Marquez twice (round 3 & 10) and Marquez hurt Pacquaio twice (round 2 & 8).

Fight III neither got hurt per se but Pacquaio got stunned on about two occasions. Marquez not even a flinch.
      I just didn't see Marquez winning any of those fights. He came close in the second fight and I might be able to give him another round in the third fight but he still loses 115-113, and that is generous. He has a history of crying about getting robbed the way he did vs. Norwood, Johns, PAC 3X and Bradley. Hard to take this guy seriously.

Comment

I just didn't see Marquez winning any of those fights. He came close in the second fight and I might be able to give him another round in the third fight but he still loses 115-113, and that is generous. He has a history of crying about getting robbed the way he did vs. Norwood, Johns, PAC 3X and Bradley. Hard to take this guy seriously.
        He said shortly after the Bradley fight if the public deemed that Bradley was the winner he accepts it.

The John and Norwood robberies were egregious. I don't think he was overly bitter about either too. He should have been more bitter. Pacquaio 2 & especially 3 the majority of observers felt he won and those were the biggest fights with most sacrifice to him.

Barrera cried about the ref and judging in Jones 1, 2, Morales 1, Marquez and Khan for example.

Comment

I - Pac 115-110, got screwed by Clements who admitted he made a mistake not scoring the 3rd knockdown in round one.

II - Pac 115-112, Out landed Marquez 172-157, knocked him down in the third round.

III - Pac 116-112, Out landed Marquez 176 - 138, out landed him in power punches in 8 out of the 12 rounds.
          People forget it should be Pac who is pissed about the first fight, considering the judge couldnt even count lol

I agree with the 2nd fight too, think Pac won a close affair based on better punch output and the kd.

The third I have to disagree. I dunno about punch stats, they are absolute bs imo. JMM controlled the range, was sharper and more accurate and looked better almost throughout the fight. I think I had it 7-5 at the time. This is the only time a prime Pac was thoroughly outboxed.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            People forget it should be Pac who is pissed about the first fight, considering the judge couldnt even count lol

I agree with the 2nd fight too, think Pac won a close affair based on better punch output and the kd.

The third I have to disagree. I dunno about punch stats, they are absolute bs imo. JMM controlled the range, was sharper and more accurate and looked better almost throughout the fight. I think I had it 7-5 at the time. This is the only time a prime Pac was thoroughly outboxed.
            Also you have to remember Joe Cortez wrongly ignored the punch Pacquaio landed on Marquez when clearly down already that's a point on three cards so I think that was a bigger deal.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Also you have to remember Joe Cortez wrongly ignored the punch Pacquaio landed on Marquez when clearly down already that's a point on three cards so I think that was a bigger deal.
              No its not a bigger deal for several reasons. One, fighters often in the heat of the moment end up landing something when a fighter rises on his way down, or hanging off the ropes or at the sound of the bell. It's only malicious if pa's has a history of this but hes probably the cleanest fighter I have ever seen.

Plus regardless of what me and you think, fights are scored off the back of the referees judgement, meaning since he called 3 kd, they need to be scored as three kd. Its ridiculous that the result was not overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                No its not a bigger deal for several reasons. One, fighters often in the heat of the moment end up landing something when a fighter rises on his way down, or hanging off the ropes or at the sound of the bell. It's only malicious if pa's has a history of this but hes probably the cleanest fighter I have ever seen.

Plus regardless of what me and you think, fights are scored off the back of the referees judgement, meaning since he called 3 kd, they need to be scored as three kd. Its ridiculous that the result was not overturned.
                There's actually no rule that suggests a knockdown is a point. There's been 10-9 rounds with knockdowns though it is rare. Marquez dominated the first 90 seconds of the round it's plausible for a judge to score 10-7 though I'd have gone 10-6.

I've always felt Cortez blew that call and that cost Marquez the fight. Pacquaio landed a head butt in the second fight which opened a gory cut and it looked borderline intentional especially when he smiled right after it. He's usually clean (though many would claim perhaps on PEDs most or all of his US career) but I think he gained an advantage with that headbutt which the WBC used to take a point for perhaps for such cases.

Comment

I really don't know how anyone could have given Pacquiao the 3rd fight. I consider that one to be a robbery.

Thought Marquez won the 2nd one as well. The first one was the closest of them all and cases could be made for both.

Comment

First fight - Draw

Second fight - Marquez 114-113

Third fight - Marquez 116-112

Comment

Pacquiao-Marquez I: I had it 113-112 in favor of Marquez. I gave Juan 8 rounds. The only rounds that pac definitely took were rounds 1 (obviously) and 2. Overall pac looked very basic in his attack. Marquez was clearly the much better boxer at this point, but pac had that expolsive power in his left that made up for his deficiencies.

Pacquiao-Marquez II: I had it 114-113 in favor of Pac. Marquez landed more and at a higher % if I remember correctly, but i felt as though Pac was consistently landing the harder punches throughout the fight. Very close, back and forth action and i gave each of them 6 rounds apiece. The knockdown was the difference for me.

Pacquiao Marquez III: I had it a 114-114 draw. I felt like Marquez started off a bit slow in the beginning of the fight, and took his foot off the gas at the end. Even though marquez did a great job outboxing and landing harder shots in most of the middle rounds, I felt that he allowed pac to steal alot of the early and late rounds of the fight. Pac to his credit was just a bit busier this fight and i think outworked and outlanded Juan a couple of those rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X