Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor MacG has a win over Dustin Poirier? Damn.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor MacG has a win over Dustin Poirier? Damn.

I never knew he gave Poirier that work a while back.

He is shytting all over Khabib's resume!

Poirier, Diaz, Mendes, Aldo, Holloway, Alvarez.

Compared to khabib's Johnson and Barbosa as his only top-10 wins.

Conor has a straight nasty resume. SAVAGE

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
    I never knew he gave Poirier that work a while back.

He is shytting all over Khabib's resume!

Poirier, Diaz, Mendes, Aldo, Holloway, Alvarez.

Compared to khabib's Johnson and Barbosa as his only top-10 wins.

Conor has a straight nasty resume. SAVAGE
    Its becoming a long stint of inactivity though. Not exactly looking good for Conor.

Comment

All the haters secretly know how damn good his resume is even if they don't admit it.

People are just frustrated to see such a phenomenal talent waste his prime years dicking around instead of fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
        All the haters secretly know how damn good his resume is even if they don't admit it.

People are just frustrated to see such a phenomenal talent waste his prime years dicking around instead of fighting.

Can't argue with this. And I'm one of those haters.

What a waste of talent and all those exciting fights that could have happened in the last year and a half. He's not the star a lot of us want, but he's the star the UFC needs.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post

Yes.. everybody always says "well, if he fought THIS VERSION of Holloway, he'd get destroyed"! I'm like "really? Conor dominated that man every single round, and even looked like he had a wrestling/grappling background with how bad he manhandled him." It's one thing to say "I think Max has greatly improved and would make for a much better fight now." I'm with you, doe, they know what they deal is.

I mean, who has dominated people the way Conor has on the feet? He literally made Eddie Alvarez look like a three-fight novice or some shyte.

I also agree with you about it being frustrating to see him piss away prime years

I honestly think he took advice from Mayweather; I think Floyd told him not to worry about trying to fight everybody because some people will never be satisfied. There'll a always be "that next guy" who they say you need to fight to truly prove yourself.

So I have no problem with him taking time off and avoiding potentially accumulative brain damage. And just letting the contenders sort themselves out until a true top dog arises from the pack.

It's still frustrating, doe..

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Its becoming a long stint of inactivity though. Not exactly looking good for Conor.
            Floyd took two years off a few points in his career.

It is hard to watch because I'm a fan of him and want to see him fight of course.

But I understand his logic - let the contenders sort themselves out until a true top dog money fight emerges.

If he kept trying to fight everybody, no matter who he beat in what fashion, there's always gonna be "that next guy' who people hate on him with.

i can't blame him - it's his health on the line. I'm sure if more fighters made money like him, and had the option so sit back and wait it out, they would to.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Can't argue with this. And I'm one of those haters.

What a waste of talent and all those exciting fights that could have happened in the last year and a half. He's not the star a lot of us want, but he's the star the UFC needs.
              As a fan it is hard to miss out on those potential fights.

but you gotta look at it from his perspective - no matter how many people he runs through the haters would always keep saying "what about this guy, what about this new guy.." There's always somebody you're gonna be accused of ducking, or avoiding.

so why risk all the brain damage? just kick back and let the contenders sort themselves out until that true top dog more fight emerges.

i guarantee if other fighters had that option he does because of the nest egg he's already built, they'd do the same.

Comment

Has anyone seen his documentary called "Notorious" on Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                  Has anyone seen his documentary called "Notorious" on Netflix?
                  I have not, my friend!

However, I might check it out soon!

Comment

That top dog should be sorted out once Khabib and Ferguson finally make it to the cage to fight. But who knows how many months Tony Ferguson will be out with his injury, so why not fight Khabib next and then let the winner get Ferguson.

Comment

Working...
                    X