Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder and Fury Don't Want Joshua - Now Fans Know!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
    This is what I'm saying. Hearn said AJ is not a dazn guy, so

A). how could dazn guarantee a fight with AJ if he is not theirs
    B). If Wilder signed AJ could definitely pressure more money out of dazn for Wilder who is stuck at a flat fee
    C)The fight can go to Showtime and both fighters can get a ppv split. Which is what Wilder has been saying he wants.

It's time for Wilder to start making the offers now though
    Agree 100% if Wilder who has not signed ANY muti fight deal YET and Finkel said any such deal will have "outs" then no excuse after this fight to not make offer.Matter a fact that's why I believe Finkel when he says any deal will have "outs" because he just gave up best excuse to avoid fight(you have to come to SHOW/FOX to have fight).And im real curios to see how last weeks fight did on PPV because it was FOXes 1st and they had about 8-10 pre fight shows to build fight many on FOX on sat afternoons rest being on FOXSPORTS.This fight(Spencev Garcia)should only do about 150-250 tops normally because neither have been on PPV before and are not BIG stars but if does like 500 or something close(or better)then maybe Wilder v AJ can make more then 40 mil.I kinda doubted that at 1st but Wilder did make about 10 mil off Fury fight and rematch was supposed to be 20(it does sound high to me but that's what has been reported) so MAYBE it will make more on a FOX PPV.I don't have same opinion on whether a SHOW PPV could do that much but like I said Wilder will be free to go across street if he wants to.But many forget even though Matchroom has exclusive deal with DAZN but AJ does NOT he was not part of deal and that's from Hean's lips.So no stopping him from fighting on FOX PPV if that's where the most money is.And it also seems ok for Fury or some who think AJ is tied to DAZN to have exclusive deals and are ALL saying Wilder has to fight on THEIR platform but not Wilder.Now I would be disappointed and would call Wilder out if he made such deals/offers just like I have been with other two but not AJ fanboys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
      With the numerous offers that have come to Wilder from AJ it's pretty god damned clear that AJ wants the fight. That's just being objective.
      Not really. The previous offers proved it was very clear AJ didnt want the fight.

If AJ wants the fight, he needs to put together a proper offer to Wilder, that ONLY involves fighting Wilder. Not some vague myth of a deal that involves pre-fights with other bums, changing networks, change of promoter etc...

Its that simple. If AJ really wants the fight, the money is there to make it next. So lets see what happens next.

Comment

• When Wilder wanted to fight Joshua, Joshua didn't want to fight him. He was forced to fight Tyson Fury instead. Now it seems like Wilder isn't interested in challenging him at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
          Rejecting the $100 3-fight DAZN offer has nothing to do with Wilder not wanting to fight Joshua. It's simple math. A percentage is better than a flat fee guarantee. If the Joshua fight makes $150 million and Wilder is locked in at $40 million, where does the other $110 million go? How much of a percentage is $40 million in the rematch if Wilder wins the first fight...

That's why you work with percentages and not flat fee guarantees. That's why the $50 million against 50% Sky offer to Joshua was such a great offer and spoke volumes about Joshua's true desire to fight Wilder when it was shockingly refused.

No need for a 3 fight deal with DAZN or a 5 fight deal with ESPN. Just a 2 fight deal against Joshua on DAZN or a 2 fight deal against Fury on ESPN with fair PERCENTAGES for each fight. And it doesn't have to be negotiated until after the WBC mandatory. That way, Wilder gets fair compensation for generating a $100 million fight or a $200 million fight.
          you clearly don't know math.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jkp View Post
            Not really. The previous offers proved it was very clear AJ didnt want the fight.

If AJ wants the fight, he needs to put together a proper offer to Wilder, that ONLY involves fighting Wilder. Not some vague myth of a deal that involves pre-fights with other bums, changing networks, change of promoter etc...

Its that simple. If AJ really wants the fight, the money is there to make it next. So lets see what happens next.

You realise that when AJ was looking for a fight before Miller, and the Wilder/Fury fight wasn't done, that AJ offered Wilder 40% to fight in the US don't you? And Wilder didn't even pick up the phone.

This is not the only offer to come from AJ. And it's not the first time Wilder has disappeared and gone radio silent. There were no other conditions. It was a 60/40 offer with a rematch and the highest bidder gets the fight.

Why is there always an excuse?

Shirley just admitted his intention is to marinate the fight. Wilder will not take the fight under any circumstances because he knows he gets splattered.

If Finkel had put him in against Martin and Klitschko then Wilder would be getting regular $30m paydays by now (if Wilder had won).

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
              So what if I throw shade at Joshua, who the fk even cares? You Wilder fans are so obsessed with AJ it's borderline h0m0.

The initial point which you made was:

"I don't think they're (Wilder and Fury) afraid of getting beat, or Fury wouldn't have fought Wlad on the road, and Wilder wouldn't have fought Luis Ortiz! Wilder has fought Fury and Ortiz! That's not fear!"

I pointed out that Fury was hardly a scary proposition when the fight was made. He got taken the distance and took shots against a guy ranked outside the top 50, in his previous fight he was literally laughing in the ring to the point that the referee had to tell him to fight. Both fights he got booed. Let that sink in.

It's a pretty basic point, but you're so obsessed with Joshua that you just had to bring him up.
              No one is obsessed with Joshua! My point is Wilder fought Fury and Ortiz! Those were the 2 boogeymen! He dropped both of them! You tried to diminish Wilder by saying Fury was "depressed," "Obese," etc., which he was neither when Wilder fought him! That's why I made the comparison, between a 30 yr. old Fury, and a 42 yr. old Wlad! If you gonna ***** on one, then ***** on them both! However, you can't bring yourself to do it! If you wasn't d*ck ridin' AJ, that should of been easy!

Comment

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
                DAZN has to match the percentage of what Wilder could make if the Joshua fight was on Showtime PPV.
                And the rematch...

$100 million for 3 fights is too low. Double it and you're getting warmer...
                Err what? You said the fight wouldn't get made unless they offered a percentage.

Though now you're pulling some magical figure from thin air. $200 million for 1 fight with Dominic Breazeale (which can only really be worth $15 million at max) and 2 fights with Joshua. So you're basically saying they should offer Wilder close to $100 million per fight with Joshua to equate a 50/50 split... so Joshua v Wilder does $200 million per fight on Showtime?

I would love whatever you've been smoking.

Comment

• I have been stating this for a very long time in most of my posts on the subject.

Infact? Tyson Fury does not want neither of Wilder or Joshua.

Tyson Fury had two fights, and was training for 1 years before he fought Deontay Wilder also 'Kind of bewildered as to why people seem to think it was one of the greatest comebacks in boxing history'. He did not win the fight conclusively, was decked twice and backed up all night by a 212 pound Deontay Wilder.

Even still the top 3 will eventually meet, and? I am kind of enjoying all moves these guys have been making such as: Joshua coming to america, Fury's ESPN deal, and Wilder just being stubborn 'It actually gives the opportunity for some unlikely overlooked fights to happen!'...

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                    You realise that when AJ was looking for a fight before Miller, and the Wilder/Fury fight wasn't done, that AJ offered Wilder 40% to fight in the US don't you? And Wilder didn't even pick up the phone.

This is not the only offer to come from AJ. And it's not the first time Wilder has disappeared and gone radio silent. There were no other conditions. It was a 60/40 offer with a rematch and the highest bidder gets the fight.

Why is there always an excuse?

Shirley just admitted his intention is to marinate the fight. Wilder will not take the fight under any circumstances because he knows he gets splattered.

If Finkel had put him in against Martin and Klitschko then Wilder would be getting regular $30m paydays by now (if Wilder had won).
                    Where is the link to Shirley saying that? or are you making it up?

Comment

• So many on here believe Hearn. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X