Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Abner Mares Won't Fight If Davis Is Overweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't start looking for a way out now. Shouldn't be considering that kind of thing untill presented with the situation. All focus should be on fine tuning what it is you think you can expose of your opponent. If there is..

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
      What a hypocrite. As if his fighters never failed weight or fought at divisions where they killed themselves to make just to have a size advantage

What fighters of roberts are always coming in overweight on the scales??? I know mikey and rios were sucking down alot but have they ever came in over??

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
        Davis is waaaaay overrated & so is his SIZE.
        Dude is a lil' guy that is undisciplined & is almost 100% gonna have some ring rust.

Team Garcia is just blowing smoke

Anyone else see "Tank" doing the Judah dance.
        (I see alot of similarities between them)

I wish this was the case but sadly abner is a high volume pillow puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          What fighters of roberts are always coming in overweight on the scales??? I know mikey and rios were sucking down alot but have they ever came in over??
          Brandon Rios on more than 1 occasion

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            Sounds like somebody is feeling the pressure
            LOL this is coming from a guy who wouldn't even fight a guy at 154...THE ACTUAL WEIGHT OF THE DIVISION!!! He fought De La Hoya and Cotto at 154 but too scared to fight Canelo at 154? LOL

Comment

I don't blame Mares but he will make weight, was given plenty of time to make weight easy

Comment

I don't blame him. Weight bullying has to stop. It was what destroyed that fighter Joey Gamache's career, when he challenged Arturo Gatti. The fight was stipulated at a 140 lbs; In which Gatti came in a pound over but on fight night he rehydrated to a 160 lbs to Gamache's 146 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
                  Mares doesn’t hit like Tsuzu
                  Not necessarily in THIS fight... But eventually.

Comment

...I agree with Garcia, Tank better sweat it off because if he doesn't, he won't get paid...

Comment

Good! Exactly as it should be.
                      Anyone playing down weight like it's no big deal dksab

Comment

Working...
                      X