No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Expected More From Mayweather, Showed His Age

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
    if floyd was a lhw he would box ward's ears off, wtf is this guy talking about. ward is overrated, he knows it.
    Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Ward just has a luck that there is no light heavyweight with Floyds skills around.
    Prime Floyd nearly got put out by Demarcus Corley

The media hypes the shyt out of these lower weight classes and everybody falls for it.

Comment

I just don't understand all this praise for Conor McGregor. The man got his ass whooped plain and simple. He didn't even last the distance. May was literally trying to take his head off. It's just like what Teddy Atlas said "You don’t win fights for trying hard. You win for being efficient and effective".

Comment

Yeah because he fought in a way to please Casuals and MMA and they're more than pleased. Mayweather wouldn't fight like that vs a fellow BOXER! He would've been the traditional Counter Puncher, Defensive Minded Pot Shot puncher!

But he might be genius in all this because he left Wiggle Wrong for a rematch that a lot of people are ready to see! For another 300-350 or whatever the hell he stands to make from this last fight...WHY NOT!

McGregor would have to take another Pro Boxing fight and win that impressively to show he has improved and is ready then yeah a rematch would still be HUGE! That is how Gullible Prideful Casuals Are

Comment

stay retired because that performance did not look good at all. crazy how one of the most defensive of all time who takes very little damage in between fights can perform that bad against a guy who has never box professionally.

Comment

Damn Andre Ward. Not you too! I can't believe that people with two eyes can't see that Conor McGregor was intentionally trying to take Mayweather's back. Mayweather never turned his back. McGregor has habits that he gained from MMA. Wrapping his arm around the waist and jumping on his opponents back is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              Disagree with Ward. There is like only ONE time that Floyd turned his back to his opponent.

The commentary was biased AF!! If you look at all the times he supposedly turned his back on Mcgregor you'll see that he DIDN'T in fact TURN his back, Floyd STAYED facing the side he was facing when they engaged, it was corner clinching Floyd around the waist and then running around to his back.

I get what Connor was tryna do, it's the same thing Castillo and Maidana kept getting away with. They wana control his lateral movement and force him to turn off balance so they can hit him with the free arm.

However Floyd's solution seems to be to plant his feet and cover his head, knowing that the ref will have to break them up. He'd not turning his back to the opponent, it's the opponent running behind him, he's just staying in position.
              Exaaactly! Andre Ward is a professional fighter. I have a really hard time believing that he didn't realize what was actually happening. It seems like he might be misinterpreting things on purpose.

Comment

ward is just hating, right floyd f@gs?

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                  ward is just hating, right floyd f@gs?

ward is just too proud to give conor credit like many other boxers, that's all. they keep saying floyd is old and that's the only reason conor went 10 rounds with him, they are not making excuses for floyd but for boxing since floyd is still the face of boxing. they are all surprised by the fact a mma fighter can actually look ok in the ring, they expected floyd to destroy him like he did gatti but that floyd is gone long time ago. now they say a younger, more active boxer would stop conor within 2 rounds etc. if conor takes boxing seriously and gets a new trainer + a new strength & conditioning coach, he can even win a title i'm sure

Comment

ward would have got conor out of there with low blows in 8 rounds or less and conor would have been like "i didnt know those were legal in boxing damn it!"

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      ward would have got conor out of there with low blows in 8 rounds or less and conor would have been like "i didnt know those were legal in boxing damn it!"
                      "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to daggum again."

Damn, wish I could green K, that comment killed me man lol

Comment

Working...
                      X