No announcement yet.

Speed bag work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed bag work

What long do you guys hit the speed bag....rounds or longer steady duration? How does this fit into the rest of your workout?

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
    What long do you guys hit the speed bag....rounds or longer steady duration? How does this fit into the rest of your workout?
    I do it for rounds, three rounds make for me. Some people do more.

Comment

The traditional speed bag I'll just do a round on to warm up, them maybe another round later on. The double-end bag I'll sit and work for longer periods of time though.

Comment

Rounds.... until I hit the wall!

Comment

I'm just doing 3 rounds mostly warm up. Thinking I might try for 15mins straight now and then for something different

Comment

I'm just doing 3 rounds mostly warm up. Thinking I might try for 15mins straight now and then for something different
            Same here. Three rounds max.

Comment

I don't do it at all. I've seen guys at the gym do it for really only 3 or 4 rounds. Imo there's no point aside from shoulder conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
                I don't do it at all. I've seen guys at the gym do it for really only 3 or 4 rounds. Imo there's no point aside from shoulder conditioning.

Yeah I think the double-end bag is way more effective

Comment

Two rounds with a "heavy" speed bag and 3 rounds using a "peanut" and making that peanut scream! Three times a week!
                  Double end bags are an exercise in coordination, the speed work when done correctly is training!

Find some video's of Duran or Leonard working on the speed bag!
                  Watch how it's supposed to be done.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Two rounds with a "heavy" speed bag and 3 rounds using a "peanut" and making that peanut scream! Three times a week!
                    Double end bags are an exercise in coordination, the speed work when done correctly is training!

Find some video's of Duran or Leonard working on the speed bag!
                    Watch how it's supposed to be done.

Ray
                    What does the speedbag train?

Comment

Working...
                    X