No announcement yet.

Eyes closed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
    Guys, I’ve been doing some rounds on the double end bag with eyes closed. At first was just messing around, but now doing this daily. Seems to help create a better sense of space and awareness. It’s like you take away the main sense of sight and the other senses must compensate. Also, when your in an actual fight, sometimes you can’t see everything clearly. You may be throwing shots in the direction of where you think is the right spot. Anyone else doing this or heard of this as a part of training? Sounds kind of silly I know
    Are you training for this?

Comment

yeah I guess my thoughts are that if you take the sense of sight away, it'll sharpen other senses, balance and technique. I knew that it would not be met with much enthusiasm here but just wanted to throw it out there. its called proprioceptive training

pro·pri·o·cep·tive
      adjective
      Physiology

relating to stimuli that are produced and perceived within an organism, especially those connected with the position and movement of the body.

http://rosstraining.com/blog/2014/10...ve-efficiency/

Comment

yeah I guess my thoughts are that if you take the sense of sight away, it'll sharpen other senses, balance and technique. I knew that it would not be met with much enthusiasm here but just wanted to throw it out there. its called proprioceptive training

pro·pri·o·cep·tive
        adjective
        Physiology

relating to stimuli that are produced and perceived within an organism, especially those connected with the position and movement of the body.

Good ole Ross

Comment

Jumping rope blind folded equals nothin'. Working the double end bag will leave you punching at air You could land the 1/2 on that but your hook will be misplaced
          (unless the bag is strung so tight that the bag remains basically in the same position. Have you tried sparring with your eyes closed? Just start out in the ring, by yourself, and close your eyes and start shadow boxing. Know the ring that you are fighting in, know where you are at all times in that ring, even with your eyes closed. Do it for a minute and open your eyes. Are you positioned where you thought you were? Do it for 2 minutes, then 3 minutes. Know where you are. ………….Rockin'

Comment

pro·pri·o·cep·tive
            adjective
            Physiology

I think that you meant to say objective. I have never cared, ever, to describe a noun while throwing fists. ……..Rockin'

Comment

makes sense what you say about shadow boxing blind to get a better sense of ringmanship..I don't know why I tried this but I can get the timing down and quite a few hits on the double end bag with no sight. Yes it does always return to the same spot eventually but its basically the timing that is getting me to that spot when the bag is there.

What do you think about all of Lomachenko's unorthodox training methods like the mind games with the number charts and such? Do these warrant any merit from your perspective?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                I think that you meant to say objective. I have never cared, ever, to describe a noun while throwing fists. ……..Rockin'
                You tell him Rockin!

Comment

What a bout the list of this reasons?

Comment

Working...
                  X