No announcement yet.

Damn....This KO is a beauty!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    No, I missed that one. However, I understand the point you are making. Sure, there are some fighters who can turn it off and turn it on while there are some who can not; They need some assistance from either a referee or a doctor.

The very same can be said about a badly beaten fighter inside of a boxing ring. He is taken a serious licking but his fighter's instinct tells him to keep fighting; Which is very dangerous because some fighters can be too brave for their own good.

Therefore, in those cases a fighter needs to be protected from himself before he sustains a career or life ending injury.
    It's a tough job being a ref I suppose ... there are other fights from last night's card that personally I wouldn't have stopped because they were still fighting back, but at the same time they were clearly stylistic mismatches and only going to end one way. Makes you wonder why they put them in there to begin with, and it's a bit unfair on the ref who spends the fight anticipating the stoppage because he knows once the better guy connects it's effectively over as a contest.

Dan Miragliotta is still terrible though, he either can't make up his mind or calls it too soon

Comment

DAMN! I like MMA also but those guys Reflexes and Chins are awful

Just seen this last night as well

Comment

[QUOTE=Johnston;19246534]Last night there was a fight that is completely contrary to what you're saying. Guy gets rocked and dropped and the other fighter waits for the ref, when the ref didn't end it he yelled at him and then finished it. Plenty of other examples of this happening in ufc. How about boxers hitting guy's when there down? Are all boxers thugs with a lack of character because of this?

Boxers are just as bad...I remember once watching a fight when Kessler Ko'ed this guy out cold and he was celebrating like a guy who had no consideration of the other guy..The way I see it is that boxers put there lives on the line to provide for there family and celebrating and hitting them when there OUT or when they are out cold makes you cold harted..I get fustrated then this happens it's shows the kind of character you are and in reference to your point the ref was a fool for not stopping it l, what did he want for him to get really hurt.
        Last edited by Shane1091; 11-04-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwingbombs View Post
          Yeah that was my first thought. Cleary unconscious before he hits the canvas and yet he still tries to pound him on the ground until the ref dives in to stop him.
          Til the ref calls it the fight is on. So thats what the fighter is supposed to do.

I've seen it happen more then once where a guy KO'd standing hits the ground & wakes up & the fight is still going. Its not a smart move to not capitalize on your upperhand in MMA in a situation like this. Fighter has no idea what the ref did or didn't see.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            Here's another good one from back in the day

Sh^t like that is why Pettis was on the Wheaties box.

Too bad he went to sh^t. Idk what happened to him. Don't recall if his falling off aligned with the USADA coming into the UFC or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              And he goes and tries to hit him while he was ktfo. What a d@ckhead

That was a bit dirty, he is KOd, why then want to beat down On a corpse

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                You fools have no clue about MMA. Referee stop the fight there, you punch till it's over.
                Why? Are mma fighters stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  Why? Are mma fighters stupid?
                  No, internet forum users are stupid and don't understand rules. MMA fighters fight to win and fallow the sport rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane1091 View Post
                    What a cu$# he is...this is why I think UFC is a thugs if you have fighters willing to hurt some even after here completely out it says allot about your character.
                    Statistics have show that MMA is a much safer sport than boxing. Their are fewer deaths and brain injuries as compared to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      Statistics have show that MMA is a much safer sport than boxing. Their are fewer deaths and brain injuries as compared to boxing.
                      MMA is growning fast as hell but MMA is still a relatively new sport. I think those statistics will probably change a bit a few decades from now. We'll most likely see more and more MMA fighters with brain injuries.

Comment

Working...
                      X