No announcement yet.

if lampley and merchant were racist during hbo telecasts show proof

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    Merchant is a Old POS and while probably not a racist he definitely has a problem with black fighters that come across as “ urban “ . Merchant only respects in his mind the educated Negro

One Lampley comment that comes to mind is when Crawford was fighting someone Inforget who and the camera zoomed into Buds Mom and Lampley goes something to the effect “ And right there is Terrence’s Momma cheering on her son “ like WTF dude every other fighter mother on HBO is shown a bit of class , I thought that was a bit cringeworthy

I’m sure there more dog whistles that he’s done over the years
    I’m certainly no lampley fan and I personally believe the guy has become a cheerleader and nothing else, but what exactly was racist about the Crawford’s mom comment?

Just asking I’m not saying lampley is or isn’t racist but I don’t get how what you said was racist.

Comment

Originally posted by saopaulo View Post
      Show me video proof since everyone of their broadcasts are well documented and many people have video editor programs to edit clips.

so show proof they were racist cause I have been seeing this years and no proof.
      Why would they be racist if all HBO boxers were black?

Comment

Black person cheering for a black fighter= NOT RACIST

A Puerto rican cheering for a rican fighter= NOT RACIST

Mexican cheering for a mexican fighter= NOT RACIST

A white person cheering for a white fighter= Racist!!!! KKK!!!! hitler!!!

Comment

Both guys are biased, but I wouldn't go so far as to accuse them of being racist. I think Merchant is just a curmudgeon burnt out on the sport whereas Lampley has difficulty putting his emotions aside when calling a fight. He often focuses on crafting a narrative rather than calling the action. They're actually left leaning guys outside of boxing (big time Democratic donors), especially Lampley who's been outspoken about his liberal views including on racial matters. I noticed Deontae Boxing has been making accusations of racism against HBO lately, mainly because he didn't like their treatment of Floyd (who has a track record of burning bridges) even though HBO has routinely hyped Black American fighters.

If anything, I think Mexican fighters who represent a constant presence in the sport are often overlooked because when it comes to international fighters, people have a tendency to look for untapped mines of talent, like when Pac was on top there was a search for the "next Pacquiao", then there was buzz around Cubans when Gamboa and Lara were on top, and lately there's been a focus on Eastern Europeans.
          Last edited by Caxcan; 10-05-2018, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            Black person cheering for a black fighter= NOT RACIST

A Puerto rican cheering for a rican fighter= NOT RACIST

Mexican cheering for a mexican fighter= NOT RACIST

A white person cheering for a white fighter= Racist!!!! KKK!!!! hitler!!!
            A lot of Mexicans fighters have cheered for Floyd over a Mexican or for ggg over a Mexican.

Now if you look at the ufc crowd which is something like 80% white they root for race and nothing else, the white American crowd will root for a Russian over an African American or Mexican American just because their white.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
              Why would they be racist if all HBO boxers were black?
              I didn’t know

Ggg
              Kovalev
              Pavlik
              Frock etc were black shiiit you learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                A lot of Mexicans fighters have cheered for Floyd over a Mexican or for ggg over a Mexican.

Now if you look at the ufc crowd which is something like 80% white they root for race and nothing else, the white American crowd will root for a Russian over an African American or Mexican American just because their white.
                The MMA crowd are nothing more than inbred redneck frat boys. At least up here.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  I’m certainly no lampley fan and I personally believe the guy has become a cheerleader and nothing else, but what exactly was racist about the Crawford’s mom comment?

Just asking I’m not saying lampley is or isn’t racist but I don’t get how what you said was racist.
                  I don’t think Lampleys a racist but I think he definitely will/has used dog whistle tactics throughout his career

I bet if you actually analyzed how he critiqued Mayweather / Haymon and Fighters associated with them when they left HBO , there would be definite signs of dog whistling by Lampley

Which in turn many of those talking points were used and get repeated by Many posters on this site

let me say I don’t care , I think so low of Lampley as a announcer and the biased games he plays this is literally the least of my complaints towards him , and it’s not really a big deal but Lampley is too smart and would never in a million years call Canelo, Golovkin, Lomachenko, Mother his Momma

I just pointed it out as a example of Lampley dog whistling trying to be slick l. I don’t think either Merchant or Lampley are racist but do believe both dog whistle with certain comments about certain fighters that racist boxing fans eat up and will repeat

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                    I don’t think Lampleys a racist but I think he definitely will/has used dog whistle tactics throughout his career

I bet if you actually analyzed how he critiqued Mayweather / Haymon and Fighters associated with them when they left HBO , there would be definite signs of dog whistling by Lampley

Which in turn many of those talking points were used and get repeated by Many posters on this site

let me say I don’t care , I think so low of Lampley as a announcer and the biased games he plays this is literally the least of my complaints towards him , and it’s not really a big deal but Lampley is too smart and would never in a million years call Canelo, Golovkin, Lomachenko, Mother his Momma

I just pointed it out as a example of Lampley dog whistling trying to be slick l. I don’t think either Merchant or Lampley are racist but do believe both dog whistle with certain comments about certain fighters that racist boxing fans eat up and will repeat
                    I hear ya

And I agree about lampley.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Not racist but i remember during the Barrera fight Lampley was making fun of Naseem and bringing up his religion.
                      Yeah I remember that, thought it was out of order. Big George seemed to think so also and checked him on what he said.

Comment

Working...
                      X