Collapse
No announcement yet.

if lampley and merchant were racist during hbo telecasts show proof

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think there's anything blatant, people notice biases, and guess what they feel is the most likely culprit of that bias, which for many translates into blaming it on racism.

Right, wrong or indifferent, a lot of times this conclusion is also based on projection (since I want this guy to win because of his skin color/nationality/ethnic background, than this other guy that wants the other guy to win must be doing it for the same reason).

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      In on my phone so can’t embed. Sounds like we are both right (which never happens haha)

https://youtu.be/CaYxdF9Sue8
      Yeah you’re right, good find bro.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
        I didn’t know

Ggg
        Kovalev
        Pavlik
        Frock etc were black shiiit you learn something new every day
        Lmao you Clenelo nuthuggers are really stupid

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
          I’m certainly no lampley fan and I personally believe the guy has become a cheerleader and nothing else, but what exactly was racist about the Crawford’s mom comment?

Just asking I’m not saying lampley is or isn’t racist but I don’t get how what you said was racist.

how often do you think he called other fighters' moms "momma?" white fighters?

it's not he end of the world but it's not very professional or a good look.

Comment

there is no such thing as racism in America and no proof of it. you are right

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              I wouldn't go so far as calling him racist but Larry Merchant was definitely an ethnic and race based boxing fan. His tribalism showed. He always rooted for the white fighter no matter what and didn't care who knew it either. Like the Klitschko boys and Kelly Pavlik.
              I don't know how old you are, but I remember an extremely warm relationship between Hopkins and Merchant beginning even before the Middleweight tournament and climaxing with the Trinidad victory. It was the closest thing I've seen in boxing between a commentator and fighter, since Howard Cosell and Muhammad Ali. Their relationship did cool a bit, but the genuine discourse between the two always showed me that Merchant was biased against personality and conduct (and maybe too much so), rather than skin color.

Comment

Larry Merchant was not racist, he just expressed his true opinions and didn't give a **** what anybody else thought. And Lampley Cried when Ali passed away, I doubt a racist would do that

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  Larry Merchant was not racist, he just expressed his true opinions and didn't give a **** what anybody else thought. And Lampley Cried when Ali passed away, I doubt a racist would do that
                  I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                    I don't know how old you are, but I remember an extremely warm relationship between Hopkins and Merchant beginning even before the Middleweight tournament and climaxing with the Trinidad victory. It was the closest thing I've seen in boxing between a commentator and fighter, since Howard Cosell and Muhammad Ali. Their relationship did cool a bit, but the genuine discourse between the two always showed me that Merchant was biased against personality and conduct (and maybe too much so), rather than skin color.
                    Personally, I think it's beautiful. It's nothing wrong with fan tribalism. It's just when it takes a turn for the worst when there is a lot of name calling; Such as ethnic and racial epithets being thrown around at certain groups, then it crosses a line. Other than that, I don't fault Larry Merchant one bit for being partial in favor of fighters who looked like him. However, at the same time it doesn't mean that he has to be hateful, bigoted, uncivil, disrespectful racist, cruel, bitter, jealous and nasty toward members of other tribal groups just because he is partial toward his own which you have so wonderfully pointed out that he wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      I wouldn't go so far as calling him racist but Larry Merchant was definitely an ethnic and race based boxing fan. His tribalism showed. He always rooted for the white fighter no matter what and didn't care who knew it either. Like the Klitschko boys and Kelly Pavlik.
                      Larry merchants facorite boxer was Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                      X