"Duvale'"

Who?

Please don't tell me you mean Durelle!

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
      "Duvale'"

Who?

Please don't tell me you mean Durelle!
      Think he might of meant Del Valle ?, which is just ridiculous.

Comment

is he underated to begin with ? he is in the top 5 or top 10 of most people at LHW, I think his resume speaks for itself, and I don't see why he would be underated

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Mike was a very good Lt. Heavy and NOT a very good Heavy!! He was a terrific Middle in the amatuers and he and Leon cleaned up in the Olympics at Middle and Lt. Heavy (Leon)!!!
          He lost to Holmes that was clear and the pay back from the Vegas boys for Holmes's big mouth about Marciano was evident!!! Thats what happened!!!
          Spinks at 175 against a young 175 Holyfield would be interesting but at Cruiser Holyfield was too strong for Spinks. A very good fighter that to me is a HoF boxer but NOT an all time great. Theres alot of LtHeavies that fit right into his level and I'd guess he's a top 20 guy without giving it to much thought.
          Yaqui Lopez
          Bob Foster
          Bob Montgomery
          Saad Mohamed
          Dwight Quawi
          Eddie Mustafa
          Victor Galandez
          Evander Holyfield
          Archie Moore
          Duvale'
          R.J.Jones
          ........................theres ALOT of very good LtHeavies................Ray.
          .................................................. ............................

Comment

................a few more good fighters
            Willie Pastrano
            Harold Johnson
            Joey Maxim
            Billy Conn
            Bob Fitxsimons-----------(Montgomery ha!)
            Battlin' Levinski
            John Henry Lweis
            Iran Barclay
            Jose Torres
            Dick Tiger
            Mike Rossman
            ............................none of these men are not going to fight hard just as Mike did, I don't throw the word "great" around like most on this forum do. To me their are very few "true greats"!
            If my opinions get so many so crazy I'll reframe from giving it!
            The p4p crap gets ridiculous here and all time greats are often "solidly good fighters" that maybe have a few great attributes but their overall talents combined aren't GREAT! Why is very good so bad, theres been poor champions throughout boxing and a few really good fighters who weren't champs!!! To much emphasis on records and titles and not enough on willingness and desire. I see some modern day winners who don't show willingness and very little desire! Most look to go the distance and get the check and do it once a year! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              ................a few more good fighters
              Willie Pastrano
              Harold Johnson
              Joey Maxim
              Billy Conn
              Bob Fitxsimons-----------(Montgomery ha!)
              Battlin' Levinski
              John Henry Lweis
              Iran Barclay
              Jose Torres
              Dick Tiger
              Mike Rossman
              ............................none of these men are not going to fight hard just as Mike did, I don't throw the word "great" around like most on this forum do. To me their are very few "true greats"!
              If my opinions get so many so crazy I'll reframe from giving it!
              The p4p crap gets ridiculous here and all time greats are often "solidly good fighters" that maybe have a few great attributes but their overall talents combined aren't GREAT! Why is very good so bad, theres been poor champions throughout boxing and a few really good fighters who weren't champs!!! To much emphasis on records and titles and not enough on willingness and desire. I see some modern day winners who don't show willingness and very little desire! Most look to go the distance and get the check and do it once a year! Ray.
              Willie Pastrano and Micheal Spinks don't belong in the same sentence.

Comment

one of the greatest light heavys ever. Its been ages since I saw it but he pushed holmes all the way especially in that first one maybe didn't deserve the win there but gave an ATG heavyweight champ fits. And certainly no shame in being blown out by mike on that night, that was mike at his absolute peak and few would have survived beyond a few rounds against him. Spinks Holyfield would have been something.

Comment

i must be one of the few who thought he deserved the decision in the 1st holmes fight and even the 2nd fight , he was definetly atg at light heavy .

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                    He was undisputed lw champ and the linial hw champ until he ran into the tyson tornado.? I personally thought he did not win both holmes fights but he was right there.
                    I agree about the Holmes fights with Spinks.

Comment

Michael was, in a lot of ways, underrated, he didn't have many fights, even as a light heavyweight.If he hadn't been injured, and looking after Leon, he probably would've added a couple of more solid notches to his belt, including Saad Muhammad, and won the title possibly a year sooner.But he is easily top 10, top 5 of the greatest light heavyweights of all-time.

Comment

Working...
                      X