Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Andre Ward's Place in Boxing History is Near The Top

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
    Suck it, ALT!! LOL
    Lou David Duke Cipher I'll come upstate and smash your face.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      He even admits it himself, since he won the super six! His mentality had changed, and even his motivation. Listen, if Andre Ward was in this game for greatness he would not be retired! (He should of challenged Adonis Stevenson, and then took a major risk and ventured into ether the cruiser or Heavyweight-weight divisions).

I don't agree with anything you said there

listen, this is what I would have told you following Ward's last fight.....

FACT: Ward fights at the TOP level, period..... he always has, and he always will..... until he can do it no longer, at which point he will retire

well guess what, that just happened

until that point, there is nobody better than Kovalev..... Ward fought/beat the best

jesus dude, you had better not be a Golovkin fan

you fkn are, aren't you ?

you had better not be a Golovkin fan, here talking about resumes (LOL) and about desire/motivation to fight the best (bigger LOL)

Comment

yeah wards made history alright, carved himself a niche as boxings most unwatchable fighter of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          I don't agree with anything you said there

listen, this is what I would have told you following Ward's last fight.....

FACT: Ward fights at the TOP level, period..... he always has, and he always will..... until he can do it no longer, at which point he will retire

well guess what, that just happened

until that point, there is nobody better than Kovalev..... Ward fought/beat the best

jesus dude, you had better not be a Golovkin fan

you fkn are, aren't you ?

you had better not be a Golovkin fan, here talking about resumes (LOL) and about desire/motivation to fight the best (bigger LOL)
          he didnt want anything to do with adonis stevenson and thats a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
            I think Ward could be indisputably higher up on the consensus all-time-great list with just a couple more fights to finish clearing out the current LHW picture.

But as a gold medalist with an unblemished professional record, he will always be brought up in conversation.

I kinda agree, I would have liked to see him fight Stevenson..... and I would back him to win that fight

but Ward - and any other fighter, period - should not take a fight like that unless they are 100% on top of their game

you don't want to get it wrong with Stevenson, even a couple of millimetres wrong

Comment

Define 'near the top'. Yes he was a very good fighter who is sure to be in the HOF. But he's not in the pantheon that Mayweather and Pacquiao are in.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ine-shame.html

Who's to say he didn't get away with his dirty habit while fighting ? Furthermore cocain is a Super Stimulate which leads to ungodly stamina. Lawrence Taylor is a prime example of what cocain does for athletes as it made him a God among mortals on the football field.

aah ok, wasn't aware of that

look, maybe he did..... but he is known for legendary roadwork sessions

thats the problem with getting caught, the question mark is always there

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  he didnt want anything to do with adonis stevenson and thats a fact.

nah, that is just your childish bullshht

the very same childish bullsht that you have pulled on a number of fighters

you said that about Kovalev TWICE, you fkn muppet

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    Define 'near the top'. Yes he was a very good fighter who is sure to be in the HOF. But he's not in the pantheon that Mayweather and Pacquiao are in.

Pacquiao is not on Mayweathers level historically/technically

Mayweather fought a higher level of competition, and he remained unbeaten

he did not go life and death with guys like Marquez 4 times

being undefeated is NOT a sign of greatness..... but being undefeated after fighting the level of competition that he faced over a 20-year stretch..... you had better believe that counts

all 4 of those guys are great fighters..... Pac May Marquez Ward..... but Pac could never separate himself from Marquez

none of those guys quite reached Mayweather's level

Pac will definitely rank higher than Ward..... but in terms of ability (being able to live with any fighter in your weight class throughout history) Ward is right up there, no question.....

that is what Jones meant

the fighters know

Comment

what does "near the top" mean? top 10 all time? ward was on top of boxing after beatin dawson then falls off the map. now he finally receives widespread recognition as the pound for pound best and his immediate next move is retirement. the timing of these decisions hurts his legacy. one step away from undisputed and walks away.. wtf

Comment

Working...
                      X