Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pride is more entertaining than ufc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bumped my thread that highlights every pride event. Check it out if you have time...

Comment

The rules were what made it the most entertaining first and foremost, I absolutely hate UFC rules. My interest in MMA started to lag right after its demise.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        Bas and Quadros were the perfect yin and yang.

Agree with everything above about the ring vs. octagon.

At the same time, the UFC has a definite advantage with matchups, and amount of elite fighters.

Also, some of the Pride rules like kicks to a downed opponent, or knees to the head would HEAVILY favor guys like GSP, and a lot of wrestlers in the UFC.

Jon Jones with knees to the head, and kicks to a grounded opponent wouldn't even be fair. Same goes for GSP.
        We'd get more finishes from the wrestlers if that was the case, which can only be a good thing right? Jon Jones elbows are his main asset on the ground though, hell even standing its up there.

Comment

The only thing about Pride was their wasn't any elbows and it was run by the mafia so a few things were probably fixed.

Would be hilarious if Dana White was behind the banning of Olympic wrestling to stop the lnpers haha

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Dana white co-starring in "The Fitching" :3some:

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
              The only thing about Pride was their wasn't any elbows and it was run by the mafia so a few things were probably fixed.

Would be hilarious if Dana White was behind the banning of Olympic wrestling to stop the lnpers haha

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              There were definitely a few fixed fights. Takada vs Coleman is a very notable one. In the beginning there were quite a few but around 2003 they were occurring much less. They wanted to get Japanese support so the fixed fights mostly happened when a Japanese fighter was fighting a foreigner.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                There were definitely a few fixed fights. Takada vs Coleman is a very notable one. In the beginning there were quite a few but around 2003 they were occurring much less. They wanted to get Japanese support so the fixed fights mostly happened when a Japanese fighter was fighting a foreigner.
                Sadly after 03 their were only 3 more years left.

Man how I miss the old Rampage who didn't give a fuuuuuuuccckkkk. I know prime Rampage in the UFC has the best chance against Wandy & Shogun when he became a counter puncher but man I just miss him coming out swinging and slamming everybody they tried to clinch him.

Cro Cop too was so so so sad. I wish we would have got Fedor & Big Nog vs Cro Cop 2 after he won the 06 GP in PRIDE. He was damn near unstoppable in that tournament. Then that head kick had to ruin him....

People can talk about PRIDE guys failing when they went to the UFC all the want. Anderson was a journeyman in PRIDE, came to the UFC and became the greatest ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                  Sadly after 03 their were only 3 more years left.

Man how I miss the old Rampage who didn't give a fuuuuuuuccckkkk. I know prime Rampage in the UFC has the best chance against Wandy & Shogun when he became a counter puncher but man I just miss him coming out swinging and slamming everybody they tried to clinch him.

Cro Cop too was so so so sad. I wish we would have got Fedor & Big Nog vs Cro Cop 2 after he won the 06 GP in PRIDE. He was damn near unstoppable in that tournament. Then that head kick had to ruin him....

People can talk about PRIDE guys failing when they went to the UFC all the want. Anderson was a journeyman in PRIDE, came to the UFC and became the greatest ever.
                  journeyman? lol you mean he lost a few relatively early in his career before going on a tear up. suppose GSP was a journeyman when Hughes tapped him.

Comment

Agree with this topic. I hope another promotion with more exciting fights, great commentary and production values, with similar rules and no fixed fights this time comes along, a promotion with some balls that's all about exciting fights and not so damn corporate.

Comment

Working...
                    X