Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs. Khan on April 23: Fighters Announce Deal is Reached

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big fan of this fight! Going to be all action and khan has shown he can out box just about anybody at range...for a period of time lol Once Pac gets inside, it will be very interesting!

I hope it does happen in the UAE as there hasn't been a big fight outside of the UK or US in years.

Oh and like I said before, noway does Pac go back on a fan poll unlike a certain someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
      Jesus fucking Christ

How the fuck can you throat that fucking deep?!
      I hope you aren't suggesting I'm a Khan fan. I'm not. Far from it.

But what I'm not gon do is sit here like everyone else assuming that a guy who hasn't had a knockout in nearly 10 years is somehow going to do what Chino Maidana failed to do.

I'm fairly sure Khan loses. But by decision. Not knockout.

Manny is a point fighter now. His fight against Vargas, might as well have been Floyd in there, the way he fought.

Comment

• Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
        Deal.... Make sure you remember. I wouldn't put a penny on Khan and his chin vs any elite Boxer.
        And in 2009 I would have agreed with you, but it's not 2009.

If Floyd faced Khan, Floyd doesn't knock Khan out either.

If Broner faced Khan, Broner doesn't knock Khan out.

All three of them beat Khan by decision. Not knockout. That's all I'm saying.

Bottom line: these are point fighters bro. All three of them. The ones who knocked Khan out are not point fighters.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Somehow, Pac won't get a KO here, either. He might put Khan on his ass a thousand times like he did Algieri, but he'll let him off the hook.
        Exactly. Manny is a point fighter now. I don't know how many times I got to tell people this before they let it set in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan7819 View Post
          Pac was very aggressive in the 4th fight to the point of recklessness which eventually caught up to him and Boom! ...Marquez had a broken nose already if he didn't land that hail mary punch I doubt he would last another 6 rounds
          You just made my point. He went in aggro. When has he done that since? He hasn't.

He was tentative against Bradley.

He was tentative against TBE.

He was halfway tentative against Algieri. A JDJ-trained Algieri wouldn't have gotten nearly as rocked.

He was tentative against Vargas.

Look at the fighters he's shined against - it's your ones that stood in front of him. Rios, Clottey, Cotto, Margacheato. Every half-agile fighter Manny Pacquiao has fought, has made him look average. Which is why they'll never fight Crawford.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
            Boxing Manny is easier said than done... only JMM and May have done it recently, and they both did it differently and still took heavy damage.
            Floyd took no heavy damage bro. He wasn't even breathing hard afterwards.

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
            Now that Khan jabs more for defensive purposes, he will take a lead counter left down the pipe and get dropped like Algieri RD9.
            Manny's not an effective counter puncher. Manny is effective when his opponent comes in, largely immobile, and trades with him (Cotto, Margacheato, Marquez) or when his opponent clams up and doesn't go offensive (Algieri, Rios, Clottey). Manny can't handle an effective jab at range, period. That's Khan's signature punch and he follows it up with quick hands and combos.

Manny by decision. NOT knockout.

Comment

• I didnt even hear anything about them being in negotiations.

Theyre announcing this 8 weeks out?

are they even in training camps yet?

wtf

Comment

• I got Pacquiao by KO.

Comment

• Solid ****ing fight!

Wished it happened several years ago but better late than never!

Should call this fight, "Duking In Dubai" or

"Fast & Furious" or "No Return"

Pacman by KO 11

Comment

• Eddie Hearn is saying he doesn't think it will happen and he's heard the same from reliable sources.

Hope he's wrong

Comment

• lol @ Kell Brook

Khan got the last laugh i guess. Get that Arab money, Amir.

Last edited by devildg; 02-26-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X