Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Come see me in 6 months...

"When this deal is up"
    And what deal is that? They don't have a deal, they pay for time.

So pbc enjoys paying money for time slots,spending hundreds of millions to buy tv time, it's been 3 years and these dudes haven't accomplished anything, except lose money trying to get fights on tv..

Pbc is dying a slow death
    You went from saying that they haven't gotten what they wanted already to saying, "come see me in 6 months."

I think you need to educate yourself first on the topic, bro. No disrespect.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      You have no idea what they spent.
      Lmao...

It's only been widely reported

The investment group is being sued, their filings show exactly what they have spent

How much does buying airtime on tv for years cost?

Pbc has been a failure,,, spending hundreds of millions on tv timebuys over a multi year period, and have nothing to show for it

So tell me genius, what's the price tag on tv buytimes?

Comment

Lmao...

It's only been widely reported

The investment group is being sued, their filings show exactly what they have spent

How much does buying airtime on tv for years cost?

Pbc has been a failure,,, spending hundreds of millions on tv timebuys over a multi year period, and have nothing to show for it

So tell me genius, what's the price tag on tv buytimes?
        You're one of the posters I respect. I'm here to tell you, nothing has been "widely reported" except a bunch of BS from writers who echo each other because it requires too much brain power to do research.

Comment

• I really don't get all this negativity and praying for PBC to fail. If they continue to put boxing on TV then great for us, whether they make money or lose money we the fans are NOT paying out of our pockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            You went from saying that they haven't gotten what they wanted already to saying, "come see me in 6 months."

I think you need to educate yourself first on the topic, bro. No disrespect.
            How am I wrong.. 3 years is a longtime and pbc is really in the exact same spot they were in 3 years ago.

Networks don't like boxing so pbc purchased time slots to prove that they could draw ratings. Pbc plan was to show ratings and land a deal similar to UFC and Wwe, which is like 100+ mil a year. So far pbc has had some hits and some misses, but really hasn't captured casuals the way networks want, and thus nobody has offered them a major tv deal.
            Wilder and Thurman were the backbone and the 2 fighters that could crossover and become stars, yet they are basically as well known now as they were.

I really wish it panned out for them, I love the vision and idea, but I think they have executed poorly

Comment

How am I wrong.. 3 years is a longtime and pbc is really in the exact same spot they were in 3 years ago.

Networks don't like boxing so pbc purchased time slots to prove that they could draw ratings. Pbc plan was to show ratings and land a deal similar to UFC and Wwe, which is like 100+ mil a year. So far pbc has had some hits and some misses, but really hasn't captured casuals the way networks want, and thus nobody has offered them a major tv deal.
              Wilder and Thurman were the backbone and the 2 fighters that could crossover and become stars, yet they are basically as well known now as they were.

I really wish it panned out for them, I love the vision and idea, but I think they have executed poorly
              I think you've been misinformed and it's not your fault. Boxing writers suck. I could go line by line and break it down but would probably delve into an argument because you seem pretty confident in your ways and don't realize it's based on some shoddy reporting. In any case, let's just see how things pan out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                I really don't get all this negativity and praying for PBC to fail. If they continue to put boxing on TV then great for us, whether they make money or lose money we the fans are NOT paying out of our pockets.
                It's silly hoping for something free to fail.
                Issue was about PBC fighters not making enough presence in the sport.
                Fans want continuity, like wins leading to big fights, not inactivity.

Comment

• That's what happens when you overpay your roster of boxers.

Comment

I think you've been misinformed and it's not your fault. Boxing writers suck. I could go line by line and break it down but would probably delve into an argument because you seem pretty confident in your ways and don't realize it's based on some shoddy reporting. In any case, let's just see how things pan out.

Do they have 100mil+ a year deal like UFC and Wwe?
                    Yes or no
                    That was their end goal.

Comment

You're one of the posters I respect. I'm here to tell you, nothing has been "widely reported" except a bunch of BS from writers who echo each other because it requires too much brain power to do research.
                      where do you got your real reports about PBC? I would like to inform myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X