Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC = Part-time Boxing Champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's common knowledge that haymon fighters are paid on the side not to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I admire your concern.

Hopefully Crawford fights again this year to make it three times. Hopefully Pacquiao fights to make it two. Hopefully Jessie Vargas fights at all this year. Hopefully Andy Ruiz finds a ring this year too. Hopefully Bryant Jennings gets more than one fight this year. Hopefully Felix Verdejo gets a second fight in 2017. Looks like Gilberto Ramirez will fight twice this year, the amount you feel isn't enough. Same for Jesse Hart. And Jessie Magdaleno. And Hughie Fury. And Miguel Marriaga. And Mike Alvarado. And Oscar Valdez. And Ray Beltran. The list goes on.

What's sad is that Top Rank has far less fighters yet they're so many who won't fight 3-4 times this year. Their biggest star won't fight more than once. Shocker. But that's boxing for you. I wish everyone was as busy as a Loma. But it's an issue across the board, in spite of your best wishes to point the finger in one direction.
      The only thing that bothers me about Top Rank is that they want to keep it in house when it comes to fight. They may have top talent but the opposition most of the times suck because of this. Bob needs to get in business with Al Haymon more often so we can get quality fights. I mean they were talking about Jeff Horn vs Jessie Vargas instead of Horn vs Danny Garcia or some other welterweight. Even Khan would be a better choice and Khan is available for november.

Comment

Originally posted by Mequetrefe View Post
        The only thing that bothers me about Top Rank is that they want to keep it in house when it comes to fight. They may have top talent but the opposition most of the times suck because of this. Bob needs to get in business with Al Haymon more often so we can get quality fights. I mean they were talking about Jeff Horn vs Jessie Vargas instead of Horn vs Danny Garcia or some other welterweight. Even Khan would be a better choice and Khan is available for november.
        Good point although I think it's not so much Arum wanting to keep things in-house as much as it is him wanting to control the promotion.

Two of Crawford's last three opponents were Haymon clients. But that happened because they were B-side and had to crossover. But Crawford could never go fight a Thurman because he wouldn't be the A-side and Arum wouldn't be able to control the pot.

That's really the issue with GBP and TR. They want that control. Why? Because they can control the money streams. But under PBC, they are marginalized because those other streams and roles have now been compartmentalized.

So what do they do? They whine and moan about "sham promoters" because they can't double and triple dip anymore. And dumb ass fans actually support it because what's boxing is missing are the real promoters who had their hand in everything and shorted the fighter. Thankfully, that model is dying.

Comment

I admire your concern.

Hopefully Crawford fights again this year to make it three times. Hopefully Pacquiao fights to make it two. Hopefully Jessie Vargas fights at all this year. Hopefully Andy Ruiz finds a ring this year too. Hopefully Bryant Jennings gets more than one fight this year. Hopefully Felix Verdejo gets a second fight in 2017. Looks like Gilberto Ramirez will fight twice this year, the amount you feel isn't enough. Same for Jesse Hart. And Jessie Magdaleno. And Hughie Fury. And Miguel Marriaga. And Mike Alvarado. And Oscar Valdez. And Ray Beltran. The list goes on.

What's sad is that Top Rank has far less fighters yet they're so many who won't fight 3-4 times this year. Their biggest star won't fight more than once. Shocker. But that's boxing for you. I wish everyone was as busy as a Loma. But it's an issue across the board, in spite of your best wishes to point the finger in one direction.
          patience son. The 3-4 times a year starts next year. Crawford already got 3 times in this year. Loma gets three times this year.

Verdejo got hurt and pulled out of his fight next week. Andy Ruiz took his money from the Parker fight and retired. Pacquiao turned down his November fight.

Hughie Fury is with Frank Warren but Joseph Parker who is with Top Rank already said that he will get his third fight in December at home so he will get his three.

Its guys like Danny Garcia, Errol Spence who've been wanting only their second fight of the year and not getting it that is worrisome. Guys like Danny Jacobs who might get a third fight. Leo Santa Cruz used to fight 3-4 times a year but then PBC got their dates dried up.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            patience son. The 3-4 times a year starts next year. Crawford already got 3 times in this year. Loma gets three times this year.

Verdejo got hurt and pulled out of his fight next week. Andy Ruiz took his money from the Parker fight and retired. Pacquiao turned down his November fight.

Hughie Fury is with Frank Warren but Joseph Parker who is with Top Rank already said that he will get his third fight in December at home so he will get his three.

Its guys like Danny Garcia, Errol Spence who've been wanting only their second fight of the year and not getting it that is worrisome. Guys like Danny Jacobs who might get a third fight. Leo Santa Cruz used to fight 3-4 times a year but then PBC got their dates dried up.
            Nah, hasn't happened so until it's official, it doesn't count. Crawford's fought only twice this year BTW. And sorry, won't take excuses for TR if they're unacceptable everywhere. But I get it...it's going to start next year. Ignore this year.

Comment

It's mid September, so I guess the chances of seeing big fights from PBC/SHO are slim to none for the rest of the year.

Comment

Nah, hasn't happened so until it's official, it doesn't count. Crawford's fought only twice this year BTW. And sorry, won't take excuses for TR if they're unacceptable everywhere. But I get it...it's going to start next year. Ignore this year.

I said Crawford fought THREE TIMES last year. Loma THREE TIMES this year.

Pacquiao had his date but can't fight. I don't count him. He's part time now. Like Floyd.

Ruiz hasn't wanted to fight. I didn't mention Shawn Porter because he had a date in September and voluntarily dropped out of the fight. But guys like Andre Berto, Fernando Guerrero, Devon Alexander, etc have been begging for dates and will only get one fight this year. Looks like Omar Figueroa, after finally coming back, will be in that same boat. We don't even know if Danny Garcia will be back this year. Amir Khan, I don't count him, hes got so many issues. Same with Quillin but guys like Danny Jacobs and Wilder wanted to be back this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Managers can setup fights. They just can't promote them. And thats the disconnect. When King was doing the sketchy sh^t he was doing he was promoting & his stepson was managing. They were legit playing both sides against the fighter. Haymon isn't ganging up with promoters, based on the purses I see anyway & how happy his fighters are with their pay, to f#ck over the fighters. If there is any hole is Haymon's situation its probably the limited upside for the flat fee getting promoters. Thats my assumption anyway.
                  The text of the law states that a "manager" cannot derive revenue from the "promotion" of a fighter. Haymon indeed does that, and thus he is in violation of the Act. He controls ticket sales, broadcast rights fees, and advertising revenue from the promotion of his fighters, which is a pretty CLEAR violation. The problem is that the Justice Dept. doesnt give a **** ass about the Ali Act, and has NEVER prosecuted a single violation of the Act since its inception. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

So the bottom line is that it doesnt really matter if you break a law that nobody is enforcing.
                  Last edited by OnePunch; 09-14-2017, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    I said Crawford fought THREE TIMES last year. Loma THREE TIMES this year.

Pacquiao had his date but can't fight. I don't count him. He's part time now. Like Floyd.

Ruiz hasn't wanted to fight. I didn't mention Shawn Porter because he had a date in September and voluntarily dropped out of the fight. But guys like Andre Berto, Fernando Guerrero, Devon Alexander, etc have been begging for dates and will only get one fight this year. Looks like Omar Figueroa, after finally coming back, will be in that same boat. We don't even know if Danny Garcia will be back this year. Amir Khan, I don't count him, hes got so many issues. Same with Quillin but guys like Danny Jacobs and Wilder wanted to be back this summer.
                    Oh last year We're discussing last year. Not this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mequetrefe View Post
                      what, and you think PBC is any different???

With all the dates/money Haymon blew threw in the past 3 years, please tell me ONE FIGHT where a non-PBC fighter was in a main event against a PBC fighter? And Im not talking about any mandos, Im talking about a premium fight that Haymon made between his guy and a non-PBC fighter on a PBC card.

Just one.

Hint: You cant, because there isnt one. Haymon NEVER gives up tv spots to non-PBC fighters unless its a mando

Comment

Working...
                      X