Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Uncle Phil love Will more than his other kids?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Uncle Phil love Will more than his other kids?

He always seemed the most invested in Will's life and said that Will was the only one he never had to worry about.

Hillary was pretty.

Comment

He didn’t love Will more it’s just, Will never had a father and uncle Phil was being a father figure too him.... Carlton always had him so he was interested in Will because he Carlton was alright while Will needed him.

As far as not having too worry about Will... that’s easy Will was from the streets not in the streets but from them he knows how to hustle and survive. The other kids were pampered and never had too live that way as they came from a secure home, if they didn’t have there dad too fall back on they would be lost while Will would hold his own.

Comment

If I was Uncle Phil and had kids like Carlton and Hilary, then my nephew Will would definitely be my favorite.

Ashley was cute, but she was dumb.

Comment

I think since the show was more focused on Will Smith, it just came off that way. Uncle Phil was just as involved in Carlton's life, but the show just didn't record that footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
            I think since the show was more focused on Will Smith, it just came off that way. Uncle Phil was just as involved in Carlton's life, but the show just didn't record that footage.
            Yeah, I was pretty much gonna say this. Will needed more help too. I even remember an episode where Carlton gets a little jealous when Will is getting all this attention when he joins the basketball team and Uncle Phil goes to every game and there's a scene at the end where Phil points out all the stuff he has attended that Carlton took part in and mentions he just has trouble keeping up sometimes. Loved Alfonso on that Catch 21 game show. I still watch reruns of it on GSN sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
              He didn’t love Will more it’s just, Will never had a father and uncle Phil was being a father figure too him.... Carlton always had him so he was interested in Will because he Carlton was alright while Will needed him.

As far as not having too worry about Will... that’s easy Will was from the streets not in the streets but from them he knows how to hustle and survive. The other kids were pampered and never had too live that way as they came from a secure home, if they didn’t have there dad too fall back on they would be lost while Will would hold his own.
              Pretty Much This!

I'd say also Uncle Phil, probably felt bad that he was a sell out, he started off a civil rights fighter in his younger college days, remember the ep when their college buddy was on the run? So being a sell out he felt he needed to help Will so he wouldn't feel so guilty of all his success and selling out.

Thats a more deeper explanation. Also Carlton and Hilary were total privileged shallow, kids who brownnosed their parents for favors and to get their own way.

Will had to prove himself through out the show.

Comment

[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                X